Making Brown Rice in The Instant Pot Is Quick and Easy!
If you’re looking for an easy, no-fuss side dish, then this perfect Instant Pot Brown Rice recipe is definitely for you. There are so many ways to flavor the brown rice and adjust it for your meal! Whether you’re using it as a rice bowl base, putting it in a casserole, or simply keeping it on the side with your main dish, this recipe is versatile and delicious.
Here’s What You’ll Find in This Post:
- Making Brown Rice in The Instant Pot Is Quick and Easy!
- What You’ll Need
- How to Cook Brown Rice in an Instant Pot
- Flavoring Ideas
- How to Store Cooked Brown Rice
- What to Make With Cooked Brown Rice
- More Instant Pot Recipes
What You’ll Need
You’ll only need 4 simple ingredients for this easy recipe:
Instant Pot – I used my Instant Pot Pro Pressure Cooker + Air Fryer for this recipe. This pressure cooker is my all-time favorite since it works as a pressure cooker AND an air fryer. It’s amazing!
Brown Rice – This Organic Long Grain Brown Rice is always my go-to. I love keeping it on hand!
Water or Broth – This recipe can be made with water, but trust me when I say it’s a thousand times better with broth! Vegetable broth or chicken broth are both great options.
Salt – A little salt brings this recipe together, but there are so many delicious ways to flavor and season this Instant Pot Brown Rice recipe (see below or in recipe card).
How to Cook Brown Rice in an Instant Pot
Cooking brown rice in an Instant Pot is incredibly easy! Here’s how to make it in 5 simple steps:
- Place the rice, water, and salt (or seasoning) in the Instant Pot.
- Stir and add the lid.
- Pressure cook on high pressure.
- Natural pressure release.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy!
Rice to Water Ratio for Instant Pot
The tried and true rice to water ratio for Instant Pot Brown Rice is 2 cups of long grain brown rice to 2.5 cups of water or broth. I recommend sticking to this ratio for perfectly fluffy rice!
TIP: Use broth instead of water to take the flavor up a notch!
How Long to Cook Brown Rice in Instant Pot?
Cook long grain brown rice on high pressure for a cooking time of 25 minutes and natural release for 10 minutes for best results.
Aside from salt and pepper, there are so many delicious ways to flavor and season this rice recipe! Here are a few ideas:
- Onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. So perfect for everyday meals!
- Butter and dried parsley – great for Italian-inspired recipes.
- Paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano work wonderfully in Latin-inspired dishes!
- Freshly chopped green onions and soy sauce. Perfect for Asian bowl recipes!
- Smoked paprika, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper – love this for adding a smoky, chili-inspired flavor. Great when pairing with smoked or grilled meats!
How to Store Cooked Brown Rice
Have leftover cooked brown rice? Store it for later! Here’s how to keep it in the fridge and the freezer.
How Long Does Cooked Brown Rice Last in the Fridge?
Cooked brown rice can last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. To store, place the cooked rice in an airtight container with the lid. Let cool at room temperature for 10-20 minutes, then place in the refrigerator.
Freezing Cooked Brown Rice
Cooked brown rice can keep in the freezer for up to 3 months! To store, let the rice cool in an airtight container at room temperature. Place in the refrigerator for an hour, then transfer to the freezer.
How to Reheat Rice
The trick to reheating rice in the microwave is to add a splash of water or broth before heating. This will add moisture and keep the rice from drying out! Another option is to cover the rice with a damp towel while reheating.
What to Make With Cooked Brown Rice
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- Instant Pot Carne Asada Tacos
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Easy Instant Pot Brown Rice (Perfectly Fluffy!)
- 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water or broth
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the brown rice in the Instant Pot.
- Add the water or broth and salt.
- Mix, then secure the lid and set the valve to "sealing".
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, let the Instant Pot natural release for another 10 minutes.
- Set the valve to "venting" to quick release any remaining pressure.
- Use a fork to fluff the rice, then serve and enjoy!