Marinated cuban mojo chicken, Cilantro Limón Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice, black beans, and a delicious mango avocado salsa. It doesn’t get any better than that! This healthy, flavor-loaded recipe is easy to make, simple, and one that the family will request over and over again. If you’re looking for something new to add to your weekly menu, this Cuban Mojo Chicken and Rice recipe is perfect!
Here’s what we’re loving about this Cuban Mojo Chicken and Rice recipe:
- It’s INCREDIBLY easy to make – marinate the chicken the night before and it’s ready to go for making the next day!
- The only “cooking” required is baking the chicken in the oven. So simple!
- The avocado mango salsa takes the recipe to ANOTHER LEVEL.
- It’s great for making in advance and putting together later!
RELATED: 50+ Quick Healthy Dinners
The marinade – The ingredients for this cuban chicken marinade are so simple! Orange juice and zest, lime juice and zest, cilantro, coconut oil, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. It’s so delicious!
We used chicken breast for the meat in this recipe. However, feel free to use chicken thighs or drumsticks instead!
The rice bowls – We used Cilantro Limón Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice, which is great for quick and easy recipes like this one since it’s ready in 90 seconds and the flavors pair perfectly with the Cuban Mojo Chicken! We also used canned (or precooked) black beans, avocado, and mango.
How to make Cuban Mojo Chicken and Rice
Here’s how to make Cuban Mojo Chicken and Rice in 5 easy steps:
1. Blend the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Place the chicken in a bag or container and pour the marinade over the chicken. Marinate for 2-8 hours or overnight!
3. Bake or roast the chicken for about 30 minutes.
4. While the chicken is baking, cut the avocado and mango into small cubes to create the salsa.
5. Serve each bowl with rice, beans, chicken, and salsa!
Tip: Use Cilantro Limón Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice to take this recipe to the next level! We love using Mahatma® Rice in our recipes as they produce some of the best-selling types of rice and bring diversity to our dishes. The flavors in Cilantro Limón Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice pair SO deliciously with the citric and sweet flavors of this recipe and it’s the perfect, easy option for serving in these bowls!
This Cuban Mojo Chicken and Rice is the kind of recipe you set on REPEAT. Healthy, delicious, loaded with flavor, and easy to put together. It’s so ideal for easy, next-level weeknight dinners that impress!
More delicious dinner recipes you’ll love
Cuban Mojo Chicken and Rice
- 1 medium orange (juice + 1/2 tsp zest)
- 1 medium lime (juice + 1/2 tsp zest)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breast (4-6 chicken breasts)
- 2 pouches Cilantro Limón Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice
- 1 cup black beans (cooked or canned)
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 medium mango
Mojo Chicken Marinade
- Blend the orange juice and zest, lime juice and zest, garlic, coconut oil, cilantro leaves, oregano, cumin, and salt, and pepper together in a blender or food processor.
- Place the chicken breasts and marinade in a bag or container and marinate for 2-8 hours (or overnight).
Making The Rice Bowls
- The next day (or when ready to cook), preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F).
- Peel and cut the mango and avocado into small cubes to create the salsa.
- Heat the Cilantro Limón Jasmine Rice pouches in the microwave according to directions.
- Serve each bowl with the chicken, rice, beans, and salsa!
- We used chicken breast for the meat in this recipe. However, feel free to use chicken thighs or drumsticks instead!