It’s finally starting to feel a little bit like fall in Oklahoma! And with the turn of leaves and cooler weather comes warm, cozy, and delicious fall recipes.
While I am a pretty big fan of fall baking and alllllll the sweets (hello, pumpkin muffins), It’s always so fun making savory recipes that go with the season! In this case, the savory and sweet components in this cozy Slow Cooker Pork Chops And Potatoes W/ Apples recipe is perfect for fall weather dinners at home!
How to make Slow Cooker Pork Chops And Potatoes W/ Apples:
A great slow cooker is a must! I love this programmable slow cooker for easy fall recipes like this one. Simply place the pork chops in it, add your sauce and potatoes, then cook! Half way through, add in the chopped apples. Then serve and enjoy or freeze for later!
Something that really takes this recipe to the next level is making sure that you have good, high quality pork chops. I love love LOVE using Butcher Box for premium meat because it’s always the quality that I’m looking for and comes right to my door. Not to mention a great price! Does it get any better than that?
How to freeze Slow Cooker Pork Chops And Potatoes W/ Apples:
There are lots of options for meal prepping and freezing this recipe! To meal prep, simply divide the pork chops and potatoes into desired portions. Top with apples, add any veggies you want to add (optional), and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days!
To freeze, I recommend using a good freezer container, like these Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Food Storage Containers! Not only are they freezer safe, but also microwave safe, dishwasher safe, 100% leakproof, airtight, and stack on top of each other perfectly. I used the large size for this recipe, but you can check out the entire collection HERE!
Upon making the recipe, place the portioned meals in freezer containers and let cool (without the lid) in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Place the lid on each meal and freeze!
Love this recipe? You’ll really love the other recipes in this freezer meal series!
- Low Carb Turkey Swedish Meatballs (Freezer Meal)
- Skinny Creamy Chicken Enchiladas (Freezer Meal)
- Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies (Freezer Meal)
- 30-Minute Healthy Sloppy Joes Recipe (Freezer Meal)
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole (Freezer Meal)
Or sign up to grab your FREE EBOOK copy of 6 Healthy Freezer Meals to make them all in one day (with instructions + recipe cards + grocery list)!
Slow Cooker Pork Chops And Potatoes W/ Apples (Freezer Meal)
- 6 pork chops
- 1 cup cream of mushroom
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 12 red potatoes (small)
- 2 apples (large)
- Place the pork chops in the slow cooker.
- Mix the cream of mushroom, greek yogurt, chicken broth, and salt/pepper.
- Pour over the pork chops.
- Cut the potatoes into halves and place over the pork chops.
- Set slow cooker to cook on high for 2.5 hours (or low for 5 hours).
- Half way through cooking, cut the apples into small cubes and place over the pork chops.
- Serve and enjoy or freeze for later!