Soft, light and fluffy pumpkin muffins with a crunchy topping made from rolled oats, honey, and coconut sugar. These muffins are perfect for a fall inspired breakfast on the go or a quick and healthy snack.
Warm. Soft. Melt-in-your-mouth. The smell of pumpkin pie spice throughout the house. It’s a rainy, cold morning and you’re all toasty as you lounge in your pajamas with a cup of hot coffee in one hand and a fresh-out-of-the-oven pumpkin muffin in the other. Sounds like a dream, right??
That was my Saturday morning this past weekend! Well…for a split second. And then I had to go photograph the rest of the muffins, make another recipe, clean the house, rearrange the guest bedroom, and run 6 miles! 6 MILES. You guys. What am I even doing.
The Pumpkin Muffins
The great thing about these muffins is that everything (except for the topping, which takes 2 seconds. Not really. But really) can be thrown into a blender, poured into a muffin pan, baked, and be fresh out of the oven in less than 30 minutes.
So if you’re in one of these crazy busy seasons too, these are for you, my dear! Also, you’ve actually seen this recipe before because it also doubles as the Healthy Pumpkin Loaf recipe! And as it turns out, it seems that I was (ironically) overwhelmed in that post too……Hmmmmmm. Pumpkin recipes = life changing realizations? Interesting! I might have to make these more often!
The Healthy Pumpkin Bread recipe is made with real pumpkin, rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, and real food ingredients. It’s so delicious especially when it’s made into little muffins and topped with crispy oats and honey. You can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Can You Freeze These Pumpkin Muffins?
Yes, these pumpkin muffins can be frozen just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, tin foil and then seal them in airtight containers to avoid any frost damage.
They also keep really well in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 1 week.
Tips For Making These Pumpkin Muffins;
- If you’re unsure if the muffins are done try inserting a toothpick into the middle, if it comes out clean they’re done.
- Let the muffins cool before adding the topping
- Make sure the muffins are cooled completely before storing
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You Might Like;
- Healthy Pumpkin Loaf recipe (recipe link in instructions)
- 1 Tbsp Rolled Oats crushed
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- Mix all of the ingredients for the Healthy Pumpkin Loaf together, pour into a muffin pan, and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- While the muffins cool, drizzle honey over each muffin, then sprinkle rolled oats and coconut sugar over each one. Serve warm!
Be sure to take a photo of your “Pumpkin Muffin Morning Moment” and post it over on Instagram! And don’t forget to hashtag your #JarOfLemons creations!