Warm. Soft. Melt-in-your-mouth. The smell of pumpkin pie spice throughout the house. These healthy pumpkin muffins are a fall dream come true! Here’s what’s AMAZING about them:
- They’re SUPER quick and easy to make!
- Perfect as a healthy breakfast or snack.
- They’re dairy-free.
- Add the optional streusel to make them a sweet treat!
- Great for holiday gifting or keeping on hand for quick, easy breakfasts throughout the week.
RELATED: Easy Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
How To Make Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
The great thing about these muffins is that the batter can be mixed, poured into a muffin pan, baked, and be fresh out of the oven in less than 30 minutes. They’re so easy to make!
- Mix the rolled oat flour, whole wheat flour, and baking soda together.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and spices together in a separate bowl.
- Combine the liquid and dry ingredients, then mix together.
- Pour into a muffin tin (using liners, if desired).
- Top with streusel (optional).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes and enjoy warm, soft, delicious pumpkin muffins!
How to store Pumpkin Muffins?
Pumpkin muffins can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to a week! Simply allow the muffins to completely cool and sit out for about an hour before adding the container lid and storing. They can also be frozen! If freezing, be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, tin foil, and then seal them in an airtight container to avoid any frost damage.
Tips for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Feel free to adjust the amount of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice!
- If you’re unsure if the muffins are done, try inserting a toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clean, they’re done!
- The streusel is much better if serving the muffins right away! We recommend leaving it out if storing for a longer amount of time.
- Make sure the muffins are cooled completely before storing.
More delicious breakfast recipes you’ll love
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins:
Streusel Topping (Optional):
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter ((or regular))
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the rolled oat flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Pour the batter into a lined muffin or cupcake pan.
- Lightly melt the butter in a small mixing bowl.
- Add in the brown sugar and flour, then mix.
- Spoon the streusel on to each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!