Something I’m really really REALLY thankful for is that right before we had our baby, I had the random urge to make what seemed like a million freezer meals. I want to say I made 6 meals? 36 servings. In a day! Twice.
Yeah, our freezer is maxed out to the top, haha. My mom thought I was crazy for doing it at 33 weeks pregnant, but I’m sooooo glad that I did because our little guy arrived early and now we have tons of meals to get us through these crazy newborn adjustment weeks!
Over the next several weeks I will posting the recipes. If you’re a big fan of freezer meals like this and want to see more of this type of content, be sure to let me know in the comments below! I had so much fun making these and they’re DELISH, so I’d love to share more of these with you guys. Starting out with this Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole!
This Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole makes for a great freezer meal post-baby!
This recipe is one of those set it and forget it types of recipes, so it’s also perfect for an easy (not to mention deliciously comforting) weeknight meal.
However, if you DO choose to make this as a freezer meal (or both, like we did!), I’m absolutely loving these Rubbermaid Brilliance Food Storage Containers. They’re freezer and microwave friendly, 100% leakproof, dishwasher safe, and have an airtight seal. They also stack really well in the freezer. OBSESSED, you guys! You can grab the large sized containers that I used over on Amazon or get the entire set HERE! 😉
Here’s how to make this Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole:
The first step is to bake the spaghetti squash for about 40-45 minutes. Simply cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, and bake each half face down with a little bit of water on a baking sheet!
Once the spaghetti squash is made, remove the “spaghetti” and combine it with the rest of the ingredients. I recommend having a pre-roasted chicken on hand for this recipe (follow this post for how to roast a chicken, or buy a roasted chicken at the grocery store to save time)! Another option is to bake the chicken breasts while baking the spaghetti squash.
P.S: Another option for the chicken?? Order it from Butcher Box!! It’s a great way to ensure you’re getting QUALITY, organic chicken for a great price. The best part? You don’t even have to leave your house to get it! Check it out HERE.
Once the ingredients are combined, bake the casserole for a few minutes (until the cheese is melted and everything is warm). Serve and enjoy or freeze for later!
How to freeze this Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole:
Once the casserole is made, leave out until it cools. Place the casserole in a large Rubbermaid Brilliance Food Storage Container and set in the refrigerator for a couple of hours without the lid. Lastly, place the airtight lid on the container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops And Potatoes W/ Apples (Freezer Meal)
- Low Carb Turkey Swedish Meatballs (Freezer Meal)
- Skinny Creamy Chicken Enchiladas (Freezer Meal)
- Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies (Freezer Meal)
- 30-Minute Healthy Sloppy Joes Recipe (Freezer Meal)
Or sign up to grab your FREE EBOOK copy of 6 Healthy Freezer Meals to make them all in one day (with instructions + recipe cards + grocery list)!
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole (Freezer Meal)
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 6 oz. diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/3 cup cream of mushroom
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, then remove the seeds.
- Fill a baking pan with a 1/4" layer of water and place each spaghetti squash half face down.
- Oil a second baking pan and place the chicken breasts on there to bake.
- Bake the spaghetti squash and chicken breasts at the same time for 40-45 minutes (or until the spaghetti squash is soft and the chicken breasts are fully cooked).
- While the squash and chicken are baking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Once the squash and chicken are done, shred or dice the chicken into small pieces.
- With a fork, remove the "spaghetti" from the squash.
- Combine everything (except for cheese) and mix into a casserole dish.
- Top the casserole with cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until everything is hot and the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy or freeze for later!
Leave a Reply