When it comes to salads, there are a few essentials that are an absolute must. For starters, the textures need to be balanced and perfected! The flavors of the vegetables and ingredients need to flow together, and the dressing needs to take the salad to the next level. This 10-Minute Mediterranean Farro Salad meets all of these essentials and more!
It’s the perfect balance of crunchy cucumber, zucchini, kale, and red peppers with soft, warm, and wholesome farro. Topped with a delicious and classic lemon vinaigrette, this salad is heavenly!
How to make this 10-Minute Mediterranean Farro Salad
For this salad, you’ll need:
- Red Bell Peppers
Simply cut the vegetables into small cubes and combine with the kale and cooked farro (instructions below). Top with this easy classic lemon vinaigrette, salt to taste, and enjoy!
What is Farro?
Farro is an extremely nutritious ancient grain that comes from wheat. It naturally contains more fiber than most grains and is loaded with protein, healthy carbs, and antioxidants. It’s a great substitute for rice, quinoa, and is perfect for healthy digestion!
How do you cook Farro?
Cooking Farro is similar to how quinoa is cooked. Using a 2:1 ration of water to uncooked farro, bring the water to a boil and add the Farro. Add salt and let boil for 2-3 minutes. Lower the heat, cover, and allow the farro to simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit for about 2 minutes, and fluff with a fork. Serve and enjoy!
This 10-Minute Mediterranean Farro Salad can be meal prepped (or made in bulk)!
One of the best things about this easy Farro Salad is that it can be made in bulk and last about a week in the refrigerator (covered in an airtight container). This is great for easy salads throughout the week!
You can also add your choice of protein and toppings to this salad! Eggs, chicken, steak, meatballs, veggie burgers, feta cheese, and chickpeas (as well as nuts and seeds) are all great options. If you choose to add meat to this salad, be sure to purchase it through Butcher Box to ensure that it’s organic, free-range, grass-fed, and of the highest quality for the best price! Get $20 off of Butcher Box (and free shipping) HERE!
More easy lunchtime salad recipes:
- Simple Green Goodness Chickpea Salad
- Easy Quinoa Salad With Feta Cheese
- Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
10-Minute Mediterranean Farro Salad
- 1/2 cup farro (uncooked)
- 2 cups kale
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup lemon vinaigrette dressing ((link in text above))
- salt/pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup of water and salt (to taste)to a boil.
- Add in the farro and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, then cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the farro is done cooking, remove from heat and allow to sit for about 2-3 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- While the farro is cooking, cut the vegetables into small cubes.
- Add the vegetables to the kale, then top with cooked farro.
- Top with lemon vinaigrette, protein of choice (optional), and salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!