It’s been a few years now since Cody and I went on our Mexico trip, and I’m having MAJOR beach bum withdrawals! What I would do to go back and just lay on the beach every day, soaking up the sun, listening to the waves. I’m thinking a beach trip is definitely in order soon!
In light of those dreams, I’ve recreated what we ate almost every day in Mexico: Fish Tacos! Specifically, Spicy Salmon Tacos with Avocado Lime Dressing!
Watch this Spicy Salmon Tacos w/ Avocado Lime Dressing video!
Ok, and moment of honesty. Like real life blog life honesty. I’ve made these delicious Spicy Salmon Tacos with my 3 Ingredient Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing about a million times and can vouch for how amazing they are! HOWEVER…I blanked when I photographed these and FORGOT THE AVOCADO LIME DRESSING. What. I know. How. It’s even in the title of this post. I instead just added slices of avocado!
I know, major blogging fail. However, they were still amazing with avocado slices! All this to say: feel free to make these your own. 😉 Whether you go with the avocado lime dressing or stick to simple slices of avocado, I think you’ll really love this recipe, friend!
Tips for Making these Spicy Salmon Tacos
In this case, I used salmon because it’s super nutritious and one of my favorites. If you don’t like salmon, (first of all WHAAAAA???) feel free to use a different type of fish. A meaty white fish, bones removed or trout would work well.
I used a mix of corn, shredded cabbage, romaine lettuce, beans, and avocado. I love this mix and balance of flavors and textures but you can use whatever you have at home or throw in you favorite veggies. These tacos are super easy to adapt with what you have!
I used paprika and chili powder which gives a nice spicy kick to the tacos. You could also use cumin, red pepper flakes, oregano or even some fresh chili to turn up the heat! A squeeze of lemon or lime juice always adds a kick of zingy flavor too.
I love these delicious Organic Corn Tortillas and it’s what I use in this recipe, they are naturally gluten free which is an added bonus and taste great. Flour tortillas would also work.
I used my avocado lime dressing which works perfectly and is super easy to make but you could also top with some sour cream, salsa or hot sauce.
These salmon tacos are savory, spicy, soft, crunchy, warm, and cool all at the same time! SOOOOOO times-a-million good. Let’s make these delicious Spicy Salmon Tacos, shall we? 🙂
More Delicious Recipes You Might Like:
- 30-Minute Blackened Salmon Tacos
- Barbecue Salmon & Quinoa
- Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos
- Vegan Spicy Thai Tofu Tacos with Peanut Sauce
Spicy Salmon Tacos with Avocado Lime Dressing
- 2 salmon filets
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 4 corn tortillas
- romaine lettuce (2 leaves)
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the spices over the salmon filets and bake for 10-15 minutes if filet is thawed or 20-30 minutes if cooking from frozen (until the fish is flaky).
- While the salmon is baking, create the 3 Ingredient Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing with water instead of yogurt (to thin it out) and only use half of the avocado.
- Cut the other half of the avocado into cubes.
- When salmon has finished baking, top 4 tortillas with lettuce, cabbage, beans, corn, salmon, and drizzle with the avocado lime dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!