Y’all. I have truly found my new love in the salad world. And I mean FOR REAL this time.
Ok, so I know I say that pretty much every single time I post a new recipe on here. I guess I just really love food or somethingggggggg. And I am so just incredibly obsessed with this Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe!
I am LOVING this Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe for an easy summer lunch or dinner!
Think: the most balanced, refreshing salad you’ve ever had in about 30 minutes. And if you make the chicken in advance (check out this post: 30-Minute Roasted Chicken Leftovers Recipes) or buy a pre-roasted chicken at the grocery store, then you can basically make this deliciousness in about 10 minutes or less. WIN!
Guys, I have eaten this Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe approximately every other day for the past month. Trust me, this one is a keeper!
What goes in a cobb salad?
An easy way to remember this is by using the acronym EAT COBB: eggs, avocado, tomato, corn, onion, bacon, and blue cheese.
In this Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe, I decided to leave out the bacon and replace it with grilled chicken instead! I also left out the onion because it isn’t my fave, but feel free to add it back in if you want to. Spicy mixed greens are wonderful in this salad, but spinach or romaine work great, too!
Best salad dressings for a cobb salad?
Personally, I loved this Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe without dressing. I felt like the avocado and the blue cheese give it a creamy texture that balances the crunchy greens and wholesome grilled chicken! However, if you want to add a salad dressing, here are some of my faves:
- 10-Minute Healthy Ranch Dressing
- 3 Ingredient Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
- Vegan Turmeric Ginger Dressing
- Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad
- Easy Healthy Taco Salad w/ Ground Turkey
- BEST Lemon Balsamic Lentil Salad
Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts (12 oz)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn, canned
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups lettuce or greens of choice
- Grill the chicken breasts on the stove top for about 10-15 minutes on each side in your choice of oil.
- While the chicken is cooking, hard boil the eggs by placing them in 1 inch of water and bringing to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, lower the heat and let simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the egg shells and cut the eggs into small pieces.
- Slice the avocado and cut the tomatoes into halves.
- Top each plate of lettuce with sliced or cubed cooked chicken, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, corn, and blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve and enjoy!