What is Birria Ramen?
Birria Ramen is exactly what it sounds like: Birria meat, Birria broth, and ramen noodles. This fusion of Mexican Birria meat, a dish which is flavored with chiles, savory and sweet spices, and more, and Asian noodles, is a fun twist on two comforting classics! The noodles are prepared in a pot, then divided into bowls with flavorful Birria broth. Top the noodles with Birria meat, radishes, cilantro, cheese, egg, or any other toppings you want!
RELATED: Spicy Chicken Ramen
Ingredients for Birria Noodles
Here’s what you’ll need to put these Birria Ramen Noodles bowls together:
Birria Meat + Broth
The first thing you’ll need for this recipe is Birria meat and broth. This can be prepared in the slow cooker (RECIPE: Slow Cooker Birria) the night before or that morning, then cooked throughout the day!
Any type of plain ramen noodles works great in this recipe. You can also use rice noodles (although the cooking will be different), or a ramen noodle pack and simply remove the flavor pack that comes with it, saving it for soup or other noodles later on.
Here’s where it gets really fun – the toppings! I love topping Birria Ramen with:
- Diced Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sliced Radishes
- Roasted, Grilled, or Canned Corn
- Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Sliced Avocado
How to Make Birria Ramen
Here’s how to make Birria Ramen in 4 easy steps:
1. Make the Birria Meat & Broth
This Slow Cooker Birria recipe is perfect for throwing in the crockpot the night before or the morning of, so it’s ready to go for dinner!
2. Cook the Ramen Noodles
Cook the noodles according to the package directions. If the noodles come with a seasoning packet, remove it and set it aside for soups or noodles another time! You won’t need it since we’re adding our own flavors with the Birria beef and broth.
3. Combine the Bowls
Add ramen noodles, water (from cooking the noodles), Birria meat, and Birria broth to each bowl.
4. Add Toppings
Add your favorite toppings or any of the toppings listed in this recipe!
You’ll Also Love: Chicken Shawarma Grain Bowls
Other Topping Ideas
- Squeeze of Lime Juice
- Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Boiled Egg
- Chili Oil
How to Store Leftovers
While Birria Ramen is really best served fresh, you can also store any leftovers in an airtight glass container (recommended, since Birria broth can stain plastic) for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
More Comforting Recipes You’ll Love
- Healthy Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole
- Weeknight Chicken Pad Thai
- Healthy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Alfredo (Cauliflower Sauce)
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Birria Ramen Bowls
- 2 3-ounce packs plain ramen noodles (or remove the seasoning packet)
- 2 cups cooked Birria meat
- 4 cups Birria broth
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2-3 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- fresh cilantro (to taste)
- Cook the ramen based on the package instructions (minus the seasoning packet, if included).
- Divide the cooked noodles into 4 bowls.
- Add 1/2 cup of the noodle water to each bowl.
- Heat up the Birria meat and broth, if necessary.
- Add 1/2 cup of the Birria meat and 1 cup of the Birria broth to each bowl.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
Leave a Reply