The BEST Healthy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
There are so many things to love about this Healthy Chicken Alfredo recipe! Here are a few of my favorite highlights:
- It’s made with a flavorful Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce.
- Your choice of pasta!
- Make the chicken in the recipe or save time by using rotisserie chicken.
- Easily make it dairy-free or gluten-free.
- This recipe can be made in about 35-40 minutes (and even quicker with the time-saving tips below)!
This is the kind of healthy pasta recipe you’ll definitely want to keep on repeat. You’ll love it, the kids will love it, and it’s basically the best cozy dinner recipe for when you’re craving comfort food!
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Cauliflower florets, chicken or vegetable broth, sautéed diced shallot, garlic, and seasoning made up of oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper is all you need for this easy-to-make sauce!
Tip: Save time with pre-cut cauliflower florets and by using Italian seasoning instead of mixing your own!
The chicken is seasoned to perfection and pan-seared! Want to save even more time? Use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken instead!
Whole Wheat Fettuccine
Fettuccine pasta is a staple in chicken alfredo, but really any type of pasta works great. Personally, I prefer whole wheat or chickpea pasta for a healthier alternative!
Parmesan and milk are whisked into the sauce at the end of the recipe. You can easily make this dairy-free by using unsweetened plant-based milk and vegan grated parmesan!
How to Make Healthy Chicken Alfredo with Cauliflower Sauce
All you need is 35 minutes to make this Healthy Chicken Alfredo with Cauliflower Sauce recipe! Here’s an overview of how to put it together:
- Cook the cauliflower in broth until tender.
- Sauté the shallot and garlic.
- Blend it all together.
- Cook the chicken.
- Cook the pasta.
- Whisk the sauce, milk, and parmesan together.
- Combine with pasta and chicken in the pan!
You’ll Also Love: 10-Minute Avocado Pasta Sauce
- Steamed Broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus
- Top with Fresh Thyme or Fresh Parsley
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Steamed Carrots
Have leftovers? This Chicken Fettucine Alfredo recipe does really well with refrigerating/freezing and reheating!
Refrigerator – Let the recipe cool and place it in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days!
Freezer – To freeze leftovers, set the pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 hour. Then move to the freezer and store for up to 3 months! To reheat, simply microwave from frozen (stirring often throughout the process) or let the pasta thaw in the refrigerator the night before.
More Healthy Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Brie Pasta Recipe
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Pasta Bake
- The BEST Easy Healthy Lasagna Recipe
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Healthy Chicken Alfredo (Cauliflower Sauce)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3-4 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 medium head)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons butter or olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken breasts (about 2 large, )
- 1-2 Tablespoons avocado oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1/4 cup milk (regular or unsweetened plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
Make the Cauliflower Sauce
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and let simmer (covered) for 9-10 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, sauté the shallot and garlic with 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large skillet or sauté pan for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the cooked cauliflower, broth, cooked shallot, and cooked garlic in a blender.
- Add in 1/2 of the seasoning mixture.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
Cook the Chicken
- Coat the chicken breasts in the remaining seasoning on both sides.
- Using the same sauté pan that was used earlier, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat and cook the chicken for about 7-8 minutes on each side (or until fully cooked). Remove the chicken and set aside.
Cook the Pasta
- While the chicken is cooking, use the same pot from earlier to cook the pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
Combine the Chicken Alfredo
- Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter to the pan and melt over medium heat.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture into the pan and whisk.
- Slowly add in the milk and cook for 2-3 minutes (or until sauce begins to reduce slightly).
- Remove from heat and add in the parmesan. Continue to whisk until the sauce thickens and has a fairly smooth texture.
- Add in the cooked pasta and stir to coat evenly.
- Top with sliced, cooked chicken (or cube the chicken and mix it in).
- Pair with any veggies you like and enjoy!
- Use pre-cut cauliflower florets!
- Feel free to sub Italian seasoning instead of mixing your own.
- Use rotisserie or pre-cooked chicken instead.