I mean, really, who has time for a complicated meal after a busy day? And raise your hand if you’re trying to eat healthy but you’re sick of the good ‘ol chicken + veggies routine every night! I can’t tell you how many friends have told me that they’re in need of a new, easy, weeknight dish that’s healthy but simple and at the same time creative yet practical. You’re not alone in this, friend! And after all, we’re here to help each other out on this healthy living journey!
Personally, I’m pretty proud of the fact that this is a “Porkless” or meatless dish. But don’t go, meat-loving friends! These Gardein Sweet & Sour Porkless Bites are heavenly. Even Cody thought so, and he’s all about eating meat! They’re vegan, made with non-GMO soy, wheat, ancient grains, and veggies, are high in protein, and low in fat and calories. AND AND AND you can just pop them in the microwave, which I’m ALL about. Want to know the way to my heart? Vegan + Healthy + Microwave. DONE!
Being that I’m from Texas and have a soft spot for barbecue somewhere deep inside (Barbecue Salmon & Quinoa, anyone?), I also had to try the Gardein BBQ Pulled Porkless Pocket Meals! Let’s just say ALL the heart eyes. I paired one of the pockets with a simple spinach salad (spinach, carrots, pistachios, and a drizzle of olive oil) for a quick, healthy, and suuuuuuuuper easy lunch!
Now back to this delicious Gardein Sweet & Sour Porkless Bites Stir-Fry recipe! When you head out to purchase these delicious bites, be sure to grab a $1 off coupon (available through May 31st) over on the Gardein website. And be sure to let us know how much you love this amazing stir-fry recipe by tagging #OMGardein on social media!
Let’s make some stir-fry!
Gardein Sweet & Sour Porkless Bites Stir-Fry
- 7 oz . stir-fry noodles
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 cup frozen peppers
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package Gardein Sweet & Sour Porkless Bites
- Bring 1 3/4 cup water to a boil. Add in the noodles, then remove from heat and allow the noodles to soften for 8-10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, create the sauce by mixing the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and agave syrup.
- In a pan, beginning heating the vegetables. Top the vegetables with the sauce and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add in the Gardein Sweet & Sour Porkless Bites (with the heated sweet & sour sauce as directed on the package). Cook until the vegetables have softened and the bites are heated throughout.
- Mix in the noodles.
- Serve and enjoy!