Sometimes you just need some good Asian food on a Monday night. You need it STAT! Quickly, easily, savory, carby (no that’s not a word, yes I’m still going to use it), and still healthy. These Miso Roasted Mushroom Noodle Bowls are all of those things (and so much more)!
Initially, I really wanted to find a pair of fancy chopsticks to put in these noodle bowls so that it would look all authentic and stuff. But then I remembered I’m completely not authentic, and I can barely use chopsticks to pick of foods with a fairly large surface area. Sooo…noodles? Definitely using a fork, people!
It’s ok though because those aren’t the important things in life. What’s important is how EPIC and delicious these bowls are in flavor and texture! I’m currently obsessing over this thing that’s been around forever but I’m just now discovering called miso paste. Anyone else love it? It’s a soybean paste that is typically used as the core of miso soup, but I’m loving adding it to all the things! Especially to these mushrooms and noodles.
As far as the noodles go, there are lots of options out there. 😉 I love using these basic rice noodles! They’re super easy to make and really versatile, so they just soak up all that miso sauce. Perfection! Oh, and they’re gluten-free!
These Miso Roasted Mushroom Noodle Bowls are savory, sweet, and have a slight hint of sour.
The recipe is similar to the Spicy Thai Cashew Chicken Noodles post, but pretty different in flavor (and a lot less spicy!). The noodles are amazing, but the Miso Roasted Mushrooms really take them to another level!
Here’s the recipe:
Miso Roasted Mushroom Noodle Bowls
- 4 oz . rice noodles
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 8 oz . mushrooms
- 5 mini peppers
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Cook the rice noodles according to direciotns.
- While the noodles are cooking, place the garlic and sesame oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to lightly bubble, add the mushrooms and begin pan roasting.
- Add the sliced mini peppers to the pan.
- Mix together the miso, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, honey, and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Add the mixture to the mushrooms and peppers.
- While the vegetables are cooking in the sauce, drain and rinse the noodles.
- Add the noodles to the vegetables and continue cooking until the mushrooms have slightly reduced and the noodles have soaked up all of the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!