Hi, friends! Things have been a little quiet around here, but I’m BACK and ready to live the good life again. Starting with these delicious Sesame Tahini Noodles (w/ Roasted Veggies) that are perfect for your dinner menu tonight!
Watch this video on how to make Sesame Tahini Noodles (w/ Roasted Veggies):
Ok, so I do have a legitimate reason for why I haven’t been my usual, recipe posting self lately. As many of you know, I recently posted about how Cody and I are expecting a baby! And while these are exciting times, that first trimester nausea was nooooooo joke.
That stuff is as real as it gets, haha. And, well, let’s just say that at this point I firmly believe that I will never not get sick from the smell of my refrigerator. Cody even deep cleaned it and everything. Mama friends: do those first tri smells ever smell normal again???
I actually feel much better now (I’m 16 weeks today!), but that smell makes me want to throw our refrigerator away and light it on fire. Kidding! Maybe.
But let’s move on to better things…
These Sesame Tahini Noodles (w/ Roasted Veggies) are vegan, gluten free, and SO easy to make!
Thankfully, aside from coffee and a handful of other ingredients, most food smells didn’t make me super sick in the first tri. I made these Sesame Tahini Noodles just a couple of weeks ago and they totally hit the spot!
Now, let’s talk Shirataki Noodles. More specifically, Tofu Shirataki Noodles. And even more specifically, House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles!
I bought these the other day having never tried them before. To be honest, I was a little nervous about cooking them because I had absolutely no experience with them. But guyyyyyyzzzz, they are the easiest EVER to prepare! Not to mention super delicious and perfect for recipes like these Sesame Tahini Noodles.
How to cook Shirataki Noodles:
Drain the noodles, rinse, and then boil for 2-3 minutes. Pat them dry, then cook them in a little bit of oil for a couple of minutes before mixing in your favorite sauces and ingredients!
House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles + tahini + soy sauce + other delicious ingredients = match made in heaven! If you’ve never tried them out, I definitely recommend them. They’re easy to make, delicious, low carb, low calorie, and great in so many recipes! Be sure to also try them out in this Spicy Thai Cashew Chicken Noodles or Miso Roasted Mushroom Noodle Bowls recipe, too!
Sesame Tahini Noodles (w/ Roasted Veggies)
- 1 medium zucchini (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 bags House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce (tamari)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- green onions (optional) (for garnish)
- sesame seeds (optional) (for garnish)
- sliced radishes (optional)
- Bring a few cups of water to a boil.
- While the water is being heated up, cut the zucchini and bell pepper into small cubes.
- Add the drained Shirataki Noodles to the water and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the noodles, dry, and set aside.
- Mix the tahini, soy sauce, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and salt/pepper in a bowl.
- In a large saucepan or skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the noodles to the oil and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the noodles and set aside.
- Place the mushrooms, zucchini, and red bell pepper in the pan and cook until the zucchini is soft.
- Set the vegetables aside and add the noodles back into the pan.
- Add the sauce over the noodles and sauté until it is evenly mixed in.
- Add in the vegetables and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Top with (optional) green onions, sesame seeds, and sliced radishes.
- Serve and enjoy!