There’s nothing like a good fried rice recipe for dinner. Especially when it has a unique and delicious twist, like this Thai Pineapple Fried Rice! Made with fluffy Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice, fresh pineapple, bell peppers, eggs, toasted cashews, and the right amount of spices, it’s the best-ever balance of sweet and savory. Perfect for the entire family!
RELATED: Beef Curry Rice Burger Bowls
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find! You can also make this your own by subbing some of the ingredients and adjusting them. Here’s what you’ll need to make Thai Pineapple Fried Rice:
A few notes about some of the ingredients in this recipe:
Jasmine Rice – Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice is our go-to for this recipe because of its perfect fluffy texture! We’re loving the delicious flavors and fragrance that Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice brings to this Thai Pineapple Fried Rice recipe.
Bell Pepper – We used red bell pepper, but any type or color will work as well!
Cashews – The cashews are a total must for this recipe. They add a crunchy and sweet flavor that takes it to another level! Don’t have cashews on hand? Try walnuts or sliced almonds instead.
Pineapple – We recommend using fresh pineapple cut into small cubes. However, canned pineapple also works great!
Soy Sauce – Feel free to easily make this recipe gluten-free by using Tamari instead.
Honey – Make this recipe vegan by omitting the eggs and subbing agave for honey!
The best rice to use for fried rice
Jasmine rice is one of the best types of rice for fried rice. It’s grains are sturdy and result in a fluffy texture that separates easily, making it perfect for fried rice!
As mentioned above, we love using Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice for this and other fried rice recipes!
Tip: It’s best to use rice cooked the day before for fried rice recipes. However, using freshly cooked rice works great, too!
Steps for making Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Here’s how to make Thai Pineapple Fried Rice in 5 easy steps:
1. Cook the garlic, peppers, cashews, onions, and pineapple. Set aside.
2. Scramble the eggs. Set aside.
3. Cook the rice.
4. Stir-fry the rice with soy sauce, honey, curry powder, and ground pepper.
5. Add the other ingredients back in!
What to pair with this recipe
This recipe is DELICIOUS as a vegetarian meal on it’s own. The cashews and eggs add protein, while the rice and oil adds healthy carbs and fat. However, there are many other ways to pair this recipe:
- Cooked chicken
- Cooked shrimp
- Crispy tofu
- Add in edamame
More easy dinner recipes you’ll love
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice from Mahatma® Rice
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup cubed pineapple (approx 1/4" cubes)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Cook the rice according to directions.
- Heat up 1/2 of the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add in the chopped bell pepper, green onion, and cashews and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes.
- When the bell pepper begins to soften, add in the pineapple and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and scramble the eggs.
- Set aside.
- While the eggs are cooking, mix the soy sauce, honey, ground pepper, and curry powder.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet along with the sauce mixture and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ingredients back in and stir-fry for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Make this recipe gluten-free by subbing Tamari for the soy sauce.
- Want to make this recipe vegan? Omit the eggs and sub agave syrup for the honey!
- It’s best to use rice cooked the day before for fried rice recipes. However, using freshly cooked rice works great, too!