One of my favorite things in life? Healthy comfort food. It’s the best! And especially when tacos are involved.
If you haven’t noticed yet, we’re pretty into tacos here on Jar Of Lemons:
- Healthy Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Healthy Sriracha Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 30-Minute Blackened Salmon Tacos
- Baked Mahi-Mahi Tacos
- The BEST Healthy Breakfast Tacos
But these Vegan Spicy Thai Tofu Tacos w/ Peanut Sauce are specifically for my vegan friends (or non-vegan friends, because they’re still UHMAZING)!
Side note: these tacos are also so perfect for game day gatherings!
To make these Vegan Spicy Thai Tofu Tacos w/ Peanut Sauce:
You’ll need a few things. First things first, let’s talk tofu!
I have to say, I was pretty impressed with how this spicy Thai tofu turned out! Combine House Foods Organic Extra Firm Tofu with a little bit of sesame oil, tamari (soy sauce), ginger, chili powder, and crushed red pepper. Cook until almost crispy, and you have the most delicious spicy Thai tofu!
And I will also say that the type of tofu you use does make a difference. Firm or extra firm are best for this recipe, but the quality of the tofu is also important! One thing I really love about House Foods tofu is that it’s made from Non-GMO, high quality soybeans and it’s so easy to work with!
The peanut sauce is also super easy to make. Stir fry some veggies, put it all in a taco, and DONE! Easy, delicious, savory Vegan Spicy Thai Tofu Tacos w/ Peanut Sauce at your service 😉
Watch how to make these Vegan Spicy Thai Tofu Tacos w/ Peanut Sauce!
Vegan Spicy Thai Tofu Tacos w/ Peanut Sauce
Vegan Spicy Thai Tofu Tacos
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 package House Foods Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- 1.5 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced red pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Heat the tortillas up on the stove (optional, but so good!).
- Cut the tofu into small cubes.
- Cook the tofu over medium-high heat in 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Add the tamari, ginger powder, chili powder, and crushed red pepper and continue to cook for about 20 minutes or until almost crispy.
- While the tofu is cooking, make the peanut sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients together.
- Slice the veggies and set aside.
- Once to tofu is done cooking, set aside.
- Add the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of oil and sauté the veggies (except for the green onions) for about 5 minutes.
- Add the veggies, tofu, green onions (optional), and peanut sauce to each tortilla.
- Serve and enjoy!