Mint Dark Chocolate Protein Bars – The BEST Healthy Snack!
I love these homemade protein bars for a sweet treat. Every bite is so delicious and full of minty, chocolatey goodness! Not too chewy, not too crunchy, and not crumbly…they’re just right. Like a store-bought protein bar but SO much better! Trust me, you guys are going to want to keep this one on repeat!
You’ll Also Love: No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Bars
Here are a few notes about what you’ll need for this recipe:
TIP: If you’re using unsalted almond butter, feel free to add a tiny dash of salt to the mixture!
Brown Rice Cereal – I love how crispy brown rice cereal adds texture to these bars! Another option is to use crumbled walnuts or pecans instead.
Vanilla Protein Powder – Add your favorite vanilla protein powder! Personally, I love this protein powder in recipes. But any type of whey protein or plant-based protein blend will work great.
Mint Extract – Just a little bit of peppermint extract takes these chocolate bars to another level!
Cocoa Powder – Cocoa powder (or cacao powder) adds chocolate flavor to this recipe.
Maple Syrup – These Mint Chocolate Protein Bars are sweetened to perfection with maple syrup! Honey or brown rice syrup are also great options.
Mini Dark Chocolate Chips – I like using mini chocolate chips so that they spread throughout the bars a bit more evenly. Regular chocolate chips work great, too!
Chocolate Topping (Optional) – The chocolate drizzle topping is optional but so good! It’s made from two simple ingredients: melting chocolate (or chocolate chips) and coconut oil.
How to Make Mint Chocolate Protein Bars
This recipe only takes about 5 minutes to put together, and then freezes for about an hour. So while it takes some time to wait for them to set in the freezer, the actual making of these bars is so quick and easy! Here’s how to make Mint Chocolate Protein Bars:
- Mix all of the bar ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into an 8×8″ baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread and flatten the dough with a spatula.
- Add the chocolate topping drizzle.
- Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
Notes About the Recipe
- Lightly press down the mixture in the baking pan, but don’t over-press. That could make them overly dense!
- Use an extra piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture and a spatula to help the top be evenly flat.
- This recipe can make 8, 10, or even 12 bars!
- Easily make vegan protein bars by using plant-based protein powder and vegan chocolate chips.
How to Store Mint Chocolate Protein Bars
These bars are best when stored in the refrigerator. This helps hold their texture and keeps the chocolate from melting. They can also be kept at room temperature if necessary (in an airtight container), but they tend to be a little bit on the softer side when stored that way. I always recommend keeping them in the fridge if possible!
More Healthy Snack Ideas
- Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Heavenly Hunks (Copycat Recipe)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- Blueberry Banana Protein Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Did you make these Mint Chocolate Protein Bars? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Mint Dark Chocolate Protein Bars
Mint Chocolate Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup melting chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine the almond butter, brown rice cereal, oat flour, vanilla protein powder, mint extract, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and mini chocolate chips together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix everything together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an 8×8" baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Use a spatula to lightly press down and smooth out the mixture until it's evenly flat.
- Melt the optional melting chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave in 30-second increments, mixing in between until the chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bar mixture.
- Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Lift the bars out of the baking pan using the edges of the parchment paper and set them on a cutting board.
- Slice into 8-12 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!