If this is your first time here on Jar Of Lemons, welcome to what seems to be a continuous experiment of healthy food that requires no effort whatsoever. Seriously, it’s almost ridiculous. I want to say that it’s because I’m SOOOO busy but…let’s be honest…I’m just not into complicated recipes!
There are a few exceptions, where a recipe is totally worth the extra effort. But for the most part, I’m all about the easy, quick way of life! Which is good, because I think you actually are super busy and could agree that easier is better when it comes to healthy eating. 🙂
In this case, my quick & easy healthy eating experiments have resulted in one of my new faves: Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars!
As in, 5-ingredients ONLY Peanut Butter Protein Bars in 10 minutes or less. Rejoice, my friend. These delicious bars can be considered just as much dessert as they could a post-workout snack, take to work snack, or after school snack!
And since peanut butter cravings have been on my mind (oh hey, Peanut Butter Chocolate Blender Donuts), these seemed like a really good idea! Things you will need for this recipe:
- Peanut Butter
- Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder (this is truly the best one EVER)
- Agave Syrup
- Tahini <—–😱❤️
- Cacao Powder
Side note: feel free to make substitutions as needed! Also (and in case you were wondering), I’ve added crushed pistachios on top for extra texture!
Watch how easy it is to make these Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars!
Here’s the recipe for these super easy Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars:
Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 4 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cacao powder
- Mix the peanut butter, protein powder, and syrup together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a square cake pan (covered in wax paper) and freeze for about 5 minutes to set.
- Mix the tahini and cacao powder together.
- Top the set peanut butter mixture with the chocolate tahini and freeze for another 5 minutes.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!