With everyone getting back into their routine, it’s all about on-the-go! Whether you have children in school or just need an on-the-go snack at work, we’ve rounded up 10 healthy back-to-school (or….just….normal career/work madness) snacks to make ahead and take with you!
Photo by: happyhealthymama.com
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls, by HappyHealthyMama.com. These little treats will satisfy those afternoon slump chocolate cravings while providing a great amount of protein! And they’re low calorie, which makes it ok to eat a few of them, right? 😉
3. What is childhood without Cheez-Its? What is adulthood without Cheez-Its??? Well here’s a grain and dairy-free recipe with a vegan option by WholeNewMom.com!
Photo by: FitFoodieFinds.com
4. Protein bars have always been my health food staple for the seasons in my life that are super on-the-go! These DIY Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch Clif Bars by the amazing FitFoodieFinds.com are all-natural perfection!
6. More chocolate pleeease! I’ll take one of these after lunch. Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cups by PeanutButterAndFitness.com!
Photo by: MinimalistBaker.com
7. I’m a sweets fanatic, but sometimes you just need something salty! Like chips. But healthy. OH I KNOW! Kale chips…yes! And MinimalistBaker.com has you covered with this Cheesy Kale Chips recipe.
8. Peanut Butter and Honey Cereal Bars, by HealthyFoodForLiving.com! Only 3 ingredients! Super easy and great for kids! Or adults, with a serious cereal eating problem, like Cody and I.
9. Vegetables in a muffin? Oh yes! Thank you, SugarFreeMom.com, for making this happen. Mini Carrot Zucchini Muffins!
10. And last but definitely not least, delicious Plantain Crackers by ThePaleoMom.com! I think these speak for themselves 😉
Oh, and wondering what these mini doughnuts are? They just so happen to be this delicious Blueberry Bread recipe, in doughnut form! And this just happens to be a shameless plug for a secret 11th Healthy Back-to-School snack to take on the go. Your kids (or you) will think they’re getting doughnuts, when really they’re getting dates, lots of blueberries, and rolled oats! Here’s to a happy new school year!