If you know, you KNOW! As a pretty big Costco fan (as so many of you may also be), you better believe I’ve had my fair share of Heavenly Hunks. They are SO. GOOD. It may sound crazy, but I pretty much have to keep them in stock all of the time. I *literally* eat one for dessert almost every single night and I also love having them on hand as a yummy afternoon treat!
However, I don’t always go to Costco for my groceries and recently I ran out of them (gasp!), so I ended up making my own copycat recipe. The result? The BEST Heavenly Hunks that taste just like real cookie dough bites! I am obsessed with this easy recipe, and I know you will be too. There’s nothing like a sweet cookie that’s also healthy and delicious!
RELATED: Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cookies
What Are Heavenly Hunks?
Heavenly Hunks are essentially wholesome no-bake cookies! They’re great as a vegan snack or dessert. You can buy Heavenly Hunks on Amazon, at Walmart, or at Costco. Or you can make them at home with this recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
Rolled Oats – Old-fashioned oats (also called rolled oats) are the base for these Homemade Heavenly Hunks.
Oat Flour – You can purchase pre-made Oat Flour or make your own by simply blending rolled oats until a flour-like texture is created!
Almond Flour – Adding almond flour to this recipe adds healthy fats and texture. However, it can also be substituted for protein powder or more oat flour!
Shredded Coconut – You won’t want to skip out on the shredded coconut in these hunks. So yummy!
Coconut Oil – Melted coconut oil brings these no-bake cookies together.
Agave + Brown Sugar – Agave (or honey) sweeten the recipe, while the brown sugar adds flavor and takes it to another level.
Cashew Butter – Feel free to use any kind of nut butter, such as cashew butter, almond butter, or even peanut butter!
Chocolate Chips – I used regular vegan chocolate chips, but mini chocolate chips work great as well.
How to Make Homemade Heavenly Hunks
- Mix the ingredients to make a thick “dough”.
- Flatten the dough into a square baking pan.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!
You’ll Also Love: Cranberry Almond Healthy Oatmeal Bars
- Feel free to sub the almond flour for protein powder, if desired!
- Honey or agave work great to sweeten this recipe, but brown rice syrup would work best if you happen to have that on hand.
- If you want more ofna wholesome snack, omit the brown sugar in the recipe. However, adding it in can make it more of a “treat” or dessert!
- This recipe makes about 36 small squares, but feel free to make larger (and less) squares if you want to!
Storing Heavenly Hunks
These Heavenly Hunks are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer!
More Healthy Snacks You’ll Love
- Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Blueberry Banana Protein Muffins
- Matcha Chia Seed Energy Bites
- No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Bars
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Heavenly Hunks (Copycat Recipe)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl (except for the chocolate chips).
- Mix until a thick "dough" is created.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until evenly dispersed.
- Place the mixture in an 8×8" baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press down and flatten with a spatula.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Lift the entire frozen dough with the parchment paper and place on a cutting board.
- Slice into about 36 squares.
- Enjoy or refrigerate for later!
- You can sub the almond flour for protein powder, if desired!
- Feel free to omit the brown sugar in the recipe.
- This recipe makes about 36 small squares, but feel free to make larger (and less) squares if you want to.
- Heavenly Hunks can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer!