This Chocolate Banana Smoothie Is So Easy to Make!
It really doesn’t get any easier than this Chocolate Banana Smoothie recipe. Or more delicious! Made with easy-to-find ingredients, I love throwing this smoothie together for a quick breakfast or post-workout snack. It’s higher in protein and tastes like a creamy, frozen, extra chocolatey treat. Yum!
You’ll Also Love: 15 Immune Boosting Smoothies
In This Post
Here’s what you’ll need for this Chocolate Banana Smoothie recipe:
Vanilla Protein Powder – A plant-based vanilla protein powder adds nutrition and helps to thicken the smoothie. You can also use a chocolate protein powder (or really any type of protein powder you want)!
Cocoa Powder – A few tablespoons of cocoa powder bring chocolatey goodness to this smoothie recipe.
Almond Milk – Any type of milk works in this recipe! I prefer almond or soy milk, but regular milk also tastes great.
Frozen Banana – Slice up and freeze a banana the night before, or purchase frozen bananas at the grocery store to keep on hand! 1 medium banana is about 2/3 cups frozen banana slices.
Ice Cubes – Add ice cubes to the smoothie to thicken it and really make it a frozen treat! You can also freeze milk the night before for an extra creamy smoothie.
How to Make a Chocolate Banana Smoothie (3 Easy Steps)
Making a Chocolate Banana Smoothie is so easy! Here’s how to make it in just 5 minutes:
- Blend protein powder, cocoa powder, and milk of choice together.
- Add in a frozen banana and ice.
- Blend until smooth, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
TIP: I LOOOOOVE and highly recommend my Instant Ace Blender for quick smoothies at home! It blends to absolute perfection and is so easy to use (and clean). You can also set a timer and it’ll blend the smoothie for you while you do other things!
How to Make a Chocolate Smoothie WITHOUT Banana
To make this chocolate smoothie without a banana, simply use a 1/2 of a medium avocado instead. Don’t have an avocado on hand? Greek yogurt works great, too! Start with 1/2 cup and increase the amount until you get the desired smoothie thickness.
How to Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
You can always add peanut butter to a chocolate banana smoothie to really take it up a notch! Simply add the peanut butter to the blender along with the other ingredients and blend. Add extra peanut butter on top for a next level healthy treat!
Make this smoothie recipe your own with optional (but so delicious) toppings and add-ins! Here are a few ideas:
RELATED: How to Make a Fruit Smoothie
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Blueberry Keto Smoothie
- The Ultimate Green Avocado Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie
- Classic Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- Green Apple Detox Smoothie
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Healthy Mango Banana Smoothie
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Did you make this delicious Chocolate Banana Smoothie recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Chocolate Banana Smoothie (Easy Recipe!)
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (plant-based or whey)
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or soy milk)
- 1 medium banana (frozen)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Blend the protein powder, cocoa powder, and milk together.
- Add the frozen banana and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
- This recipe makes 1 large smoothie or 2 small smoothies! Nutrition is listed for 1 large smoothie.