Viral Protein Cookie Dough Recipe
I’ve been seeing this viral protein cookie dough recipe everywhere and just had to put my own spin on it! To be honest, I was a little skeptical at first. But lately, I’ve been keeping it on repeat and I’m basically addicted to this sweet protein treat! It is SO GOOD.
And you’d never guess the secret ingredient is: cottage cheese! I know, I know. But you have to trust me on this one, I promise it’s good! And if you can’t get past the cottage cheese, that’s okay. You can always sub it with Greek yogurt. With 7 grams of protein per spoonful, you really can’t go wrong with this yummy treat. I love making a big batch of this Protein Cookie Dough and keeping it on hand as one of my favorite healthy desserts or snack!
You’ll Also Love: No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Bars
Low-Fat Cottage Cheese – Greek yogurt works great, too! The texture of yogurt may not turn out as thick, but that can be adjusted with the amount of flour as well.
Pure Maple Syrup – Just a little bit sweetens the “cookie dough” to perfection! Honey works great, too.
Almond Butter – Any type of nut butter works great, but almond butter is my personal favorite for this recipe. Cashew butter would be my second favorite option.
Vanilla Extract – Adds just the right amount of flavor.
Almond Flour – Almond flour thickens the cookie dough! Finely ground oat flour or coconut flour works, too.
Dark Chocolate Chips – Mini chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips are both great options.
How To Make Protein Cookie Dough
It truly doesn’t get any easier! Here’s how to make Edible Protein Cookie Dough in just 5 minutes:
- Blend cottage cheese, almond butter, and maple syrup.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and combine with almond flour, vanilla, and protein powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
RELATED: 20+ BEST Vegan Protein Bars
Tips for Edible Protein Powder Cookie Dough
My first tip is: do not try to bake these! I feel like it needs to be said, haha! If you want baked protein cookies, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cookies are so delicious. Here are a few other tips for making edible protein powder cookie dough:
- Use a high-quality protein powder (I love this one). It really makes a difference!
- Adjust the sweetness to taste by using more or less maple syrup.
- Enjoy it cold. So good!
- Adjust the thickness by adjusting the amount of almond flour.
You’ll Also Love: Cookie Dough Protein Bites
I love making a big batch of protein cookie dough and storing smaller portions in these small mason jars! I put half of it in the fridge for healthy protein snacks throughout the week and the other half in the freezer for later. Here’s how to store this recipe:
Refrigerator – Store in an airtight container, keeps for 3-5 days.
Freezer – Keep this cookie dough in the freezer for up to 3 months! When ready to enjoy, simply thaw it out in the fridge the night before and enjoy the next day (or even a few days).
More Healthy Protein Snack Ideas
- Birthday Cake Protein Bites
- Mint Dark Chocolate Protein Bars
- Blueberry Banana Protein Muffins
- Vanilla Cream Protein Overnight Oats
- Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Did you make this Protein Cookie Dough recipe? Be sure to rate it below and follow on Instagram for more healthy recipe ideas!
Protein Cookie Dough
- Blend the cottage cheese, almond butter, and maple syrup together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and mix with vanilla, almond flour, and protein powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop desired servings into mason jars, refrigerate (or freeze for later), and enjoy!