There’s nothing like a sweet, festive coffee drink this time of year! My husband and I could not be more different. He likes his coffee black and unsweet. Like, always. Never changes. He likes to taste the coffee.
For me, give me ALL THE FLAVORS! I’m that annoying girl that walks into a coffee shop and orders a triple shot non-fat double pump pumpkin spice latte. Literally.
However, I will say that I truly do appreciate the actual flavors that come through different coffee beans and the way they’re roasted, which can only be appreciated by drinking the coffee straight or with very little sugar and definitely no added flavors. So…all that to say…my hat’s off to you, dear hipster coffee connoisseurs. You’re amazing. I appreciate you, and now I’m gonna head back to my Skinny Iced Peppermint Mocha.
What Coffee To Use?
This drink is winter perfection. Chocolatey, sweet, pepperminty, winter wonderland perfection! For the coffee, you could make espresso using this, or do what I did and just mix in instant coffee before you chill the drink.
For the peppermint, feel free to use peppermint extract, fresh peppermint, or just mints that you have lying around. Just make sure to remove the peppermint leaves after heating them up if you use fresh peppermint! However, I used regular peppermints for this recipe.
I also have to talk about the CUTEST COFFEE STIRRING SPOON I ever did see! Love William and Georgia has the most adorable vintage tea and coffee spoons, baby spoons, and so much more!
I will totally be using this as the official stir spoon at my next gathering. You can’t see it, but my eyes are totally hearts right now!
These Skinny Iced Peppermint Mocha’s can be placed in these little glass milk containers and served with candy canes for your next holiday party! Or you can do what I do…make a bunch of them and keep them in the fridge to take with you on-the-go 😉 Either way, this recipe is super easy and sooooo good!
More Delicious Drinks You Might Like;
- Maple Pecan Pie Latte
- Creamy Mocha Coffee Smoothie
- Easy Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Easy Vanilla Coconut Cold Brew Coffee
Skinny Iced Peppermint Mocha
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 peppermints (or 1/4 tsp peppermint extract)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 packets stevia
- 3 tsp instant coffee
- Bring 1 cup of the almond milk and the mints to a simmer over medium - high heat.
- Add in the sugar.
- Reduce heat and continue to stir until the mints have melted.
- Add in the cocoa and stir until it has dissolved into the milk.
- Stir in the instant coffee until it has dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Add the vanilla and stevia.
- Pour the rest of the almond milk in.
- Pour into glass milk bottles or jars, cover, and refrigerate until cold!