Spicy Vodka Pasta Recipe
I talk about food a lot. Like people probably think I’m crazy with how much I think and talk about food. But I will NEVER stop talking about this Spicy Vodka Ham Pasta recipe!
Friends, this is the ultimate easy and delicious pasta recipe with a healthy spicy vodka sauce that makes it perfect for everyday dinners. Your choice of pasta topped with a creamy, cheesy, savory, slightly-spicy sauce that’s so easy to make. Mix in a bit of chopped kale and cooked ham for a balanced meal! And don’t let the vodka in the recipe scare you. The alcohol cooks off and leaves the most perfect, bright flavor in this pasta dish. If you’ve been stuck in a dinner rut and need something new and exciting, you’ll love this recipe!
Here are a few notes about what you’ll need to make this delicious recipe:
Rigatoni Pasta – I love rigatoni pasta, but really any type of pasta works great! Penne pasta and bowties are both great alternatives. You can also use whole wheat pasta or chickpea/lentil-based pasta for an even healthier version.
Olive Oil – The olive oil in this recipe adds so much flavor.
Shallots/Garlic – There’s nothing like the combination of sauteed diced shallots and minced garlic in pasta recipes!
Tomato Paste – The tomato paste in this recipe is one of the core ingredients for Spicy Vodka Sauce.
Vodka – The Vodka adds so much flavor and helps create the perfect texture in this sauce! Don’t have Vodka on hand? White wine can work as well (although not quite the same as far as the flavor goes, but delicious nonetheless).
Plain Greek Yogurt – The yogurt mixed with warm water (or pasta water) is poured into the sauce, adding a creamy texture! However, you can also use sour cream instead.
Parmesan – Grated parmesan cheese adds the right amount of cheesy flavor! Be sure to keep a little extra on hand to garnish at the end (optional, but SO good).
Red Pepper Flakes/Salt – The red pepper flakes add the right amount of spiciness! Feel free to adjust this ingredient to taste.
Chopped Kale – I love adding chopped kale for more nutrition and a delicious texture.
Cooked Ham – The flavor of cooked, diced ham pairs perfectly with Spicy Vodka Pasta. However, feel free to add any protein of your choice! Cooked chicken, Italian sausage, shrimp, or steak are all wonderful options!
TRY THIS RECIPE: Healthy Chicken Alfredo (Cauliflower Sauce)
How to Make Spicy Vodka Pasta
You won’t believe how easy this TikTok famous recipe is. It’s definitely worth the hype! And the best part is that you can put it together in just 30-40 minutes, using only a pot of water for the pasta and a saute pan or large saucepan. Here’s how to make Spicy Vodka Pasta:
1. Cook Your Pasta
The first step is to cook your choice of pasta (I used rigatoni) according to the package directions.
2. Make the Spicy Vodka Sauce
Use a saute pan with tall sides to cook the shallot and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Mix in the tomato paste, vodka, Greek yogurt with warm water (or sour cream), parmesan, red pepper flakes, and salt.
3. Add Your Protein
Mix in the chopped kale and cooked diced ham!
4. Garnish & Enjoy
Remove from heat, garnish, and enjoy! So easy and delicious!
Leftover Spicy Vodka Pasta can be refrigerated or frozen for later! Place the pasta in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 3-5 days. To freeze, let it cool completely in the refrigerator, then move to the freezer and store for up to 3 months!
More Easy Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Brie Pasta Recipe
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
- 10-Minute Avocado Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Tomato Pesto Burrata Pasta
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Spicy Vodka Ham Pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large saute pan, add the olive oil and diced shallots.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes, then add in the garlic and saute an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes to bring out the flavors.
- Pour in the vodka and simmer until most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Whisk together the plain greek yogurt with the warm water, then pour into the pot and mix.
- Add in the parmesan, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Let simmer for a couple of minutes. Leave as is or blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, ham, and chopped kale. Let the kale wilt over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh basil, parmesan, and red pepper flakes!