With the weather cooling down, I’ve really been craving cozy casseroles! There’s nothing like taking a warm, delicious casserole out of the oven on a fall or winter day for the best comforting meal. And especially when it makes your house smell amazing! You’ll love how easy and simple these Healthy Casserole Recipes are to make. Perfect for any day of the week!
RELATED: 100+ Quick Healthy Dinner Ideas
23 BEST Healthy Casserole Recipes
Here’s What You’ll Find In This Post:
- Healthy Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Healthy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- Healthy Vegetable Casserole Recipes
- Healthy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- More Healthy Casserole Recipes You’ll Love
Healthy Chicken Casserole Recipes
1. Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
This Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is SO. GOOD. Made with wholesome carrots, celery, mushrooms, and cooked chicken, this savory dish is a lightened-up version of the comforting classic recipe. Make this homemade version or a quick and easy version for busy weeknight dinners that everyone will love!
2. Chicken Fajita Casserole
Quick, easy, and SO delicious. This Chicken Fajita Casserole is the BEST healthy dinner recipe! My entire family loves it and it’s a recipe I like to keep on repeat. Made with sliced fajita veggies, flavorful chicken (or rotisserie chicken), a smoky fajita sauce, whole wheat tortilla pieces, beans, spinach, and topped off with cheese and cilantro to your heart’s desire. Throw it in the oven for a melty, savory, incredibly yummy dinner recipe that everyone will love!
3. Paleo Chicken Mushroom Casserole
Creamy, delicious, and perfect for the family, this Paleo Chicken Mushroom Casserole is a great weeknight dinner recipe for even the pickiest of eaters! Paleo-friendly, dairy-free, and gluten-free, this recipe is known for it’s indulgent, savory flavor. Create this wholesome and rich dinner for any night of the week!
4. Healthy Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole
Whole wheat pasta, chicken, and broccoli in an easy-to-make creamy cashew sauce that can be ready in 30 minutes. This Healthy Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole is EVERYTHING and perfect for a quick, weeknight dinner!
5. Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole is creamy, savory, comforting, and SO easy to make for dinner tonight. It’s also perfect to make in bulk and freeze for later! (Gluten-Free)
6. Chicken Zucchini Casserole
Tender bites of chicken with perfectly cooked zucchini and bell pepper in a creamy, cheesy sauce. Make use of abundant summer zucchini and get this low-carb Chicken Zucchini Casserole on your menu soon!
Healthy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
7. Spicy Southwest Butternut Squash Casserole
This Spicy Southwest Butternut Squash Casserole is savory, spicy, wholesome, and perfect for a quick and easy dinner! Made with simple ingredients, this make-ahead meal can be made entirely in a casserole dish and is bursting with flavor. This is healthy comfort food that the entire family will love!
8. Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Stuffed Pepper Casserole is the perfect choice when you’re craving the savory flavors of stuffed peppers, but don’t have the time to get fancy. Made in just one large skillet, packed with ground beef, rice, tomatoes, and cheese, and ready in under an hour, unstuffed peppers will be a new family favorite.
9. Tater Tot Casserole
This easy tater tot casserole is made without “cream of” soup; it’s completely homemade but super easy to whip up.
10. Beef and Vegetable Taco Bake
This Beef and Vegetable Taco Bake is an easy, kid-friendly option for taco night. This layered taco casserole is loaded with ground beef and vegetables and topped with melted cheese.
11. Cheesy Italian Style Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole
Cheesy, spaghetti squash lasagna casserole is beyond delicious. Even better? It’s high protein, low carb, low calorie and gluten free! A healthier way to enjoy a timeless, Italian classic.
Healthy Vegetable Casserole Recipes
12. Vegan Green Bean Casserole
This easy-to-make Vegan Green Bean Casserole is one of the best side dishes! Taken to the next level with garlic, mushrooms, a creamy sauce, and fresh rosemary, this recipe is great as both a weeknight vegan dinner or a vegan Thanksgiving side dish. Cozy, hearty, and SO delicious!
13. Baked Mixed Vegetable Casserole
Lightened-up Baked Mixed Vegetable Casserole made with greek yogurt, cream of mushroom, and canned vegetables. Topped with whole wheat crackers, shredded cheese, and perfect for any holiday gathering!
14. No-Fry Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
Cook up a healthy make-ahead dinner with this baked eggplant parmesan without egg. Made with layers of eggplant breaded with panko, marinara sauce, lentils, and plenty of cheese, it’s a quick and easy homemade lasagna-style casserole perfect for busy days.
15. Zucchini Squash & Corn Casserole
Zucchini and squash casserole – easy, healthy, and vegetarian! This one-skillet wonder is a great recipe for meatless Monday (or any night of the week).
16. Ravioli Casserole With Kale
This 4 ingredient baked ravioli casserole is an easy dinner for the whole family! Fresh or frozen ravioli is layered with cheese, marinara sauce, and frozen chopped kale to resemble lasagna with none of the effort.
17. Roasted Fennel, Mushroom And White Bean Brown Rice Gratin
Roasted fennel with creamy short grain brown rice, gruyere, mushrooms, onions and white beans is a hearty vegetarian main. Topped with lemony dijon parmesan breadcrumbs, this Roasted Fennel Gratin is full of flavor and so satisfying.
Healthy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
18. Chocolate Caramel Gluten Free French Toast Casserole
Sweet and delicious, this Chocolate Caramel Gluten Free French Toast Casserole is perfect for a quick & easy breakfast or brunch recipe that’s sure to make everyone happy!
19. Easy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
This Easy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole is packed with protein and nourishing ingredients. Super simple to make and perfect for prepping ahead of time to make breakfast, lunch or dinner a breeze! Gluten-free, paleo, and delicious!
20. Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
Need a quick and easy healthy breakfast recipe? This Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is DELICIOUS. Soft, perfectly moist baked oatmeal that’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup and bananas, then taken to the next level with warming cinnamon, chia seeds, flaxseed, and mixed-in blueberries. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and can be made the night before for a ready-to-go breakfast in the morning!
More Healthy Casserole Recipes You’ll Love
21. Easy Turkey Rice Casserole
This Easy Turkey Rice Casserole recipe is the BEST! Don’t have rice on hand? Feel free to use quinoa instead. Creamy, cheesy, savory, and lightened up for a cozy dinner the entire family will love. Make this delicious meal in just 30 minutes or less!
22. Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake recipe is perfect for an easy, comforting dinner! It’s creamy, savory, and has the right amount of kick. Made with wholesome pasta (chickpea or whole wheat), roasted vegetables, spinach, cheese, and the best buffalo chicken dip, you can’t go wrong with this delicious dinner or meal prep recipe!
23. Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Casserole
Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Casserole with roasted cauliflower layered with a homemade creamy beefy tomato sauce, loads of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, spicy pepperoni, fresh basil and crushed red pepper flakes.
Did you make any of these recipes? Be sure to give them a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
23 BEST Healthy Casserole Recipes
- 1 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 medium bell peppers (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup beans, cooked and drained
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat up the avocado oil in a skillet or an oven-safe pan.
- Add in the sliced bell peppers and cook until soft (about 7-10 minutes).
- Stir in the garlic, onion powder, and cooked chicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the tomato sauce, salsa, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper together until smooth.
- Pour over the skillet and stir.
- Add in the tortilla pieces, beans, and spinach.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese.
- Place the skillet or pan in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- This recipe is a quicker version of the Chicken Fajita Casserole recipe!
Leave a Reply