This post is sponsored by Mahatma® Rice, but all opinions are my own.
Asian Tofu Rice Bowls
The ultimate weeknight dinner recipe! Crispy tofu, savory zucchini, sliced carrots, and fresh avocado, all served over delicious fried rice and covered in a sauce that’s the perfect balance of sweet and savory. If you’re on the search for a quick and easy dinner recipe, these Asian Tofu Rice Bowls are nutritious and delicious!
There’s nothing like a healthy, nutritious meal that comes together easily and can be made in no time at all. Especially when it’s a vegan recipe and loaded with yummy flavors that the entire family will love!
These Asian Tofu Rice Bowls have recently become a staple for our family. Made with organic extra-firm tofu, fresh zucchini noodles, shredded carrots, creamy avocado, and delicious Mahatma® Rice, these bowls are perfectly light and filling at the same time. They truly are the perfect weeknight dinner recipe!
RELATED: Easy Dairy & Gluten-Free Dinner Recipes
The ingredients in these Asian Tofu Rice Bowls are simple and easy to find! Here are a few notes about some of the primary ingredients:
Extra-firm tofu – The extra-firm texture helps it hold up, making it the best option for crispy tofu.
Fried Rice Blend from Mahatma® Rice – The Fried Rice Blend from Mahatma® Rice is one of our favorites to use for fried rice! It has the perfect fluffy, never-sticky texture and is gluten-free and delicious.
Soy sauce – Feel free to use Tamari as a gluten free option!
Agave syrup – Don’t have agave syrup? Feel free to use honey instead.
Zucchini noodles – Use a spiralizer to easily create zucchini noodles. Another option is to purchase pre-made zucchini noodles or simply cut zucchini into small cubes, instead!
Shredded carrots – You can also cut regular carrots into small cubes as an option.
More about Mahatma® Rice
Mahatma® Rice has been around for almost a century and they are always providing consistent quality that has become America’s Favorite Rice. From regular white milled rice to brown rice, to special rice mixes (like their fried rice blend that we’re using in this recipe), we’re loving the delicious flavors and how easy it is to use! Not to mention how it allows us to create diverse dishes, like these Asian Tofu Rice Bowls. So yummy!
How to make Asian Tofu Rice Bowls
There are two methods for making these bowls: cook the ingredients separately , or combine them all in the pan. Either way is completely delicious! Here’s the rundown on how to make these rice bowls in 5 easy steps:
1. Cook the rice.
2. Create a sauce with the soy sauce, agave, and ginger.
2. Soak the tofu in the sauce.
3. Cook the soaked tofu in the sesame oil and garlic.
4. Add in the zucchini noodles, carrots, rice, and extra sauce.
5. Cook until everything is well coated and hot!
The trick to getting the tofu extra crispy and delicious is to make sure to press it before getting started!
More easy dinner recipes you’ll love:
Loving these Asian Tofu Rice Bowls? Be sure to give this recipe a rating below!
Asian Tofu Rice Bowls
- 1 16 oz. block extra-firm tofu
- 3/4 cup Mahatma® Long Grain White & Jasmine Rice
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 cups zucchini noodles (about 2 large zucchini)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Press the tofu between paper towels or napkins to remove as much water as possible.
- While the tofu is pressing, cook the rice according to directions.
- Whisk the soy sauce, agave, and ginger together in a medium sized bowl.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and allow to soak in the sauce mixture for about 5 minutes.
- While the tofu is soaking, heat up the sesame oil over medium heat and lightly cook the garlic.
- Add in the soaked tofu (leaving the extra sauce in the bowl) and cook until crispy (about 10-15 minutes).
- While the tofu is cooking, spiralize the zucchini.
- Add the zucchini and carrots to the pan and sauté.
- Pour the extra sauce and the rice into the pan and cook for another 5 minutes (or until everything is evenly coated and hot).
- Serve with avocado and sesame seeds (optional)!
- Soy sauce – Feel free to use Tamari as a gluten free option!
- Agave syrup – Don’t have agave syrup? Feel free to use honey instead.
- Zucchini noodles – Another option is to purchase pre-made zucchini noodles or simply cut zucchini into small cubes.
- Shredded carrots – You can also cut regular carrots into small cubes as an option!
- The trick to getting the tofu extra crispy and delicious is to make sure to press it before getting started!
Leave a Reply