This creamy, sweet vegan caramel is perfect for drizzling on anything. It’s also great as a dipping sauce! All you need is a blender, 4 ingredients, and 5 minutes. Such an easy and delicious recipe that’s perfect for any time of the year!
RELATED: 25+ Healthy Baking Recipes
In This Post
You only need 4 simple ingredients to make vegan caramel sauce! Here’s what you’ll need:
Dates – Medjool or Deglet Noor dates are great options for this recipe. But any type of pitted dates should work!
Vanilla – A little bit of vanilla truly takes this recipe to another level. It’s so good!
Almond Milk – I used almond milk, but any type of milk works great. You can also use water if you don’t have milk on hand.
Sea Salt – A tiny dash of sea salt adds contrast to this caramel. Not a fan of salted caramel? Feel free to use less or leave it out entirely!
How to Make Vegan Caramel
Making vegan caramel is INCREDIBLY easy! Here’s how to do it:
1. Soak The Dates
You don’t HAVE to soak the dates, because I know that means planning ahead and sometimes that just doesn’t happen. But it definitely helps to create a smoother texture for this caramel recipe!
2. Blend Dates + Milk
It helps to initially blend the dates with the milk to create a smoother texture.
3. Add Vanilla + Salt
Add in the vanilla and sea salt, then blend until smooth.
TIP: Once you’ve created the base recipe, feel free to adjust the amount of milk or water to create the consistency you want. More liquid results in a thinner vegan caramel sauce that’s perfect for drizzling! I recommend only adding 1 tablespoon at a time.
How to Store Vegan Date Caramel Sauce
To store, place the caramel sauce in an airtight container or mason jar. Vegan date caramel can last for about 7-10 days in the refrigerator!
Ways to Use Vegan Date Caramel
There are so many great ways to use date caramel! It can go on just about any dessert or treat. It’s so easy to make and delicious! Here are a few ways to use vegan date caramel:
- Ice Cream Topping
- Dipping Sauce for Fruit
- On Top of Brownies
- In Yogurt
- As a Latte Syrup
Other Healthy Caramel Ideas
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies w/ Date Caramel Sauce
- Healthy Salted Caramel Truffles
- Chocolate Caramel Gluten Free French Toast Casserole
- Vegan Salted Caramel & Chamomile Ice Cream
- Chocolate Caramel Pecan Yogurt Bowls
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
The BEST Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 12 medium pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Soak the dates for at least 2 hours (if possible).
- Blend the dates and the almond milk together.
- Add in the vanilla and sea salt, then blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to adjust the amount of milk or water to create the consistency you want. More liquid results in a thinner vegan caramel sauce that’s perfect for drizzling! I recommend only adding 1 tablespoon at a time.
- To store, place the caramel sauce in an airtight container. Vegan date caramel can last for about 7-10 days in the refrigerator!