Date Snickers: Chocolate-Covered Dates with Peanut Butter
If you’ve never tried date snickers, you’re in for a real treat. This viral TikTok recipe has been all over the internet for good reason: they’re SO good and super easy to make! And to be honest, I cannot stop eating these. They literally taste like Snickers bars!
I love making a big batch of these stuffed dates and keeping them in the freezer for any time I have a chocolate craving (which is basically always). It really is like your having your favorite candy bar, but made healthier!
RELATED: Chocolate Covered Apples
What You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need for making chocolate covered Snickers dates:
- Medjool Dates
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt (about 1-2 Tablespoons per date) – Easily make these vegan with a dairy-free yogurt alternative.
- Creamy Peanut Butter (about 1-2 tsp per date) – you’ll want to be able to drizzle it if you can! Any type of nut butter works great, but peanut butter really gives it that Snickers flavor.
- Chocolate Chips – I love dark chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Coconut Oil
- Finely Chopped or Crushed Peanuts
- Flaky Sea Salt
How to Make Date Snickers
- Remove pits from the dates.
- Fill with vanilla yogurt and dollop or drizzle peanut butter over each one.
- Place each date on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring often.
- Use a toothpick or a spoon to dip each date into the melted chocolate, then immediately add the toppings.
- Place each one back on the baking sheet and freeze for another 20-30 minutes!
TIP: If you have time, it’s best to let the dates soak for about 5-10 minutes before starting. After soaking, be sure to completely dry the dates! Soaking the dates helps to soften them, making that extra creamy caramel texture in Snickers we all love. However, if you have to skip this step, that’s ok too!
You’ll Also Love: 2-Ingredient Magic Shell Recipe
Freezing/Thawing Chocolate-Covered Dates
These date snickers are best kept frozen! Store them in an airtight container for up to 2-3 months. To enjoy, let them thaw for a few minutes in the fridge before eating. This helps them to soften just a little bit to the perfect texture!
More Healthy Chocolate Snacks You’ll Love
- Homemade Date Twix Bars
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Strawberry Chocolate Brownies
- Healthy S’mores Banana Bites
- Protein Cookie Dough
- Healthy Buster Bars
Sign up for my email list to get my FREE 7 Meal-Planning Secrets To Making Wholesome Dinners (In 30 Minutes Or Less) course!
Date Snickers (Chocolate Peanut Butter Dates)
- Wash and soak the dates, then dry and remove the pits.
- Fill each date with yogurt, then dollop or drizzle the peanut butter over each one.
- Please each date on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl together in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip each date in the melted chocolate and place back on to the baking sheet.
- Immediately top with peanuts and a sprinkle of flaky salt.TIP: It's best to work one date at a time since the melted chocolate will harden quickly!
- Freeze for another 20-30 minutes, then enjoy!