Homemade Date Twix Bars Recipe
Your favorite candy bar made healthier! These date bars are incredibly easy to make and perfect for a sweet, caramel chocolate treat. With 3 simple layers, every bite is full of the best textures and flavors! Make a bit batch of these healthy Twix bars and keep them in the freezer for whenever a craving hits you!
RELATED: Healthy Buster Bars
What You’ll Need
Almond Flour Crust
- Almond Flour – All-purpose flour or whole wheat flour work great, too.
- Coconut Oil (lightly melted)
- Maple Syrup
- Medjool Dates (or dates of a similar variety)
- Almond Butter
- Coconut Oil (lightly melted)
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Milk (or any type of plant-based milk)
- Dark Chocolate Chips (vegan or regular)
- Coconut Oil
- Flaky Sea Salt (optional, but so yummy!)
How to Make Homemade Twix Bars with Dates
- Mix almond flour, coconut oil, and maple syrup together.
- Press into a 9×9″ pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake, then let cool.
- Blend soaked dates, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, and almond milk in a blender or food processor.
- Spoon and smooth the date filling over the crust.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together, stir, then pour over the caramel layer.
- Top with salt and freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
You’ll Also Love: The BEST Vegan Caramel Sauce
Tips for Making Date Bars
- Before starting this date bar recipe, it’s best to soak your dates in hot water! It isn’t a must, but it definitely helps to get that creamy caramel texture in the date filling and makes them much easier to blend.
- Add a little oil to the spatula to keep it from pulling the date mixture up, which could pull up pieces of the almond flour crust.
- Drizzle any excess chocolate over the top, if desired!
- Top with flaky salt, crumbled graham crackers, a sprinkle of brown sugar, or anything else you want!
Freezing Twix Date Bars
These homemade candy bars are best stored in the freezer. Homemade Twix date bars can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, simply take one out and let it thaw for a few minutes!
More Healthy Treats You’ll Love
- Chocolate Covered Apples
- Protein Cookie Dough
- Healthy S’mores Banana Bites
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Fudgy Tahini Brownies
Did you make this Homemade Date Twix Bars recipe? Rate it below and follow along on Instagram for more healthy dessert ideas!
Homemade Date Twix Bars
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan or regular)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- flaky sea salt (optional)
Bake The Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove the pits from each date and add them to the hot water, letting them soak for about 12-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the almond flour, coconut oil, and maple syrup together.
- Press the almond crust mixture into the baking pan until evenly flat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then let cool for at least 5-10 minutes.
Make The Date Filling
- Add the dates (without the water), almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and milk to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- Spoon the date mixture over the cooled crust, then carefully use a spatula to press and smooth the mixture over the top.TIP: It helps to add a little oil to the spatula to keep it from pulling the date mixture up, which could pull up pieces of the almond flour crust.
Add The Chocolate Topping
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the date filling and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle flaky sea salt (or any other topping!) over the chocolate.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, cut into bars, and enjoy!