Healthy Air Fryer Cookie Recipe
I had a really tough time deciding what to call this recipe. I’ve recently been seeing a version of this Giant Air Fryer Cookie all over TikTok, and just had to make my own variation with chocolate chips, of course! Because who doesn’t want a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast??
I love that these Air Fryer Breakfast Cookies (or snack, or dessert) are full of healthy ingredients, and protein, and perfect for any time of the day. They can also easily be made vegan just by using a vegan protein powder and dairy-free chocolate chips (this is an egg-free recipe)! They’re lightly crispy around the edges, chewy in the middle, and basically healthy protein cookie perfection. Choose from making a single serving in 10 minutes, or batch cook 4 servings to have throughout the week. Either way, I know you’ll love this easy, no-fuss treat!
What You’ll Need
You only need 7 simple ingredients to make these cookies, most of which you likely already have in your pantry!
- Rolled Oats – Rolled Oats (or old-fashioned oats) are the base ingredient of this recipe.
- Ripe Banana (Mashed) – A mashed ripe banana binds the ingredients, adds sweetness and moisture, and is a definite must for these air fryer cookies!
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Protein Powder – Any type of vanilla protein powder works great.
- Almond Milk – This recipe also works with soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or regular dairy milk!
- Coconut Oil
- Chocolate Chips – Use regular chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, dairy-free chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips (my personal fave).
Tip: Add a little dash of sea salt on top of each cookie for a next-level treat!
How to Make Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
It truly doesn’t get any easier than these Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies! Whether you make a single serving (1 cookie) or the full 4 giant cookies, each batch only takes about 10 minutes in the air fryer. Here’s how to make these:
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the cookie ingredients.
- Divide into 4 cookie dough balls.
- Press 1 portion into a cookie shape onto a piece of parchment paper and place in the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes per cookie!
All About My Air Fryer: Instant Pot Air Fryer Review
Air Fryer Giant Breakfast Cookie Variations
Mix it up with these delicious breakfast cookie variations and additions!
- Raisins instead of chocolate chips
- A drizzle of honey on top
- Chopped walnuts
- White chocolate chips
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top
- Chopped pecans
- Dark chocolate chunks
How to Store
Let these Air Fryer Cookies cool completely, then store them in an airtight container (or freezer bag) at room temperature for 2-3 days. They can also be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Crispy Air Fryer Zucchini
- Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
More Delicious Healthy Cookie Recipes
- Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free)
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Healthy Cookie Recipe
- Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Giant Air Fryer Cookies
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- While the air fryer preheats, mash the banana in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir in the rolled oats, baking powder, protein powder, almond milk, and coconut oil until well mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the cookie dough into 4 balls.
- Press one batch of the cookie dough down on parchment paper, forming a cookie shape.
- Place in the air fryer basket at bake for 9-10 minutes (or until the edges begin to lightly brown and crisp).
- Remove the cookie and set it on a cooling rack to cool.
- Repeat the process for the other cookies, if desired, or freeze the dough for later.
- 1/4 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips