If you’ve been on the search for the perfect gluten-free, dairy-free dessert recipe, these Vegan Cookie Bars are the best! Gooey, chocolatey, and soft, every bite is cookie bar perfection. My toddler has a dairy and egg allergy, so this bar recipe has been a game changer for our family!
Prep the dough in just 10 minutes, add your favorite mix-ins and then bake them in under 30 minutes. Whether you’re taking these to a gathering, dinner, or just want an easy vegan dessert at home, you can’t go wrong with these cookie bars!
What You’ll Need
Here are a few notes about the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
Gluten-Free Flour – Any type of 1-to-1 gluten-free flour substitution is great! If you don’t need a gluten-free cookie bar option, then all-purpose flour works great, too.
Vegan Butter – The vegan butter in this recipe adds flavor and moisture.
Granulated + Brown Sugar – These Vegan Gluten-Free Cookie Bars use a mix of granulated sugar and brown sugar. I like the warm flavor that the brown sugar brings out in these cookies (it’s SO good), but feel free to sub it with granulated sugar if you need to!
Agave Syrup – Agave syrup (or honey, if you’re not making these vegan) helps to hold the cookie bars together and adds moisture. Maple syrup can also work, but tends to have a bit of a more crumbly cookie bar result!
Vanilla Extract – I always love using real vanilla extract in desserts for the delicious flavor!
Nut Butter – Creamy almond butter or cashew butter is best for making cookie bars. Peanut butter works too, but it can really change the flavor into a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bar. If that’s what you’re going for, then it definitely tastes amazing!
Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips – These vegan dark chocolate chips are my all-time favorite for baking recipes!
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are one of my favorite easy desserts! They’re especially perfect for when I want to make a delicious treat, but also something quick, easy, and effortless. Here’s an overview for how to make Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the vegan eggs (or flax eggs) according to directions.
- Stir the liquid ingredients together.
- Combine the mixture with the dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips!
- Pour into a lined 9×9″ baking pan.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes!
That’s it! This recipe is incredibly easy and sooooo yummy.
TIP: You can slightly adjust the baking time by a minute or two depending on if you prefer extra gooey, slightly underbaked cookies or crispier, firm cookie bars!
Storing Vegan Cookie Bars
Vegan Cookie Bars are always best when they’re warm and gooey, fresh out of the oven. However, you can definitely keep your leftovers! Store these bars in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days at room temperature. After that, you can move them into the fridge for another 2-3 days!
These bars can also be stored in the freezer. Simply allow them to cool completely, then place them in an airtight container. Store them in the freezer for up to 3 months! To reheat, let them thaw out in the refrigerator the night before and then pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
Looking for more healthy cookie recipe ideas? These are a few of my hands-down favorites that I think you’ll love!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy-ish Chocolate Cherry Soft Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Vegan Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the vegan egg substitute with water (according to directions) and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vegan butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, agave syrup, vanilla extract, and nut butter until smooth.
- Add in the vegan eggs and mix.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 9×9” baking pan lined with parchment paper and lightly smooth out with a spatula.
- Bake for about 27-30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then slice into 12-16 bars and enjoy!