Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts With Bacon (VIDEO)
Whether you’re needing a recipe for a fall gathering, the holidays, or just everyday weeknight dinners, this air fryer recipe is the BEST side dish! And it’s incredibly easy to make. Here’s a quick video for a rundown of how to air fry Brussels sprouts and bacon!
In This Post
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts With Bacon (VIDEO)
- How to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
- Quick Notes
- Flavor Variations & Topping Ideas
- How to Store Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- More Delicious Side Dishes You’ll Love
Here’s what you’ll need for this Brussels sprouts recipe:
Brussels Sprouts – Wholesome Brussels sprouts are the main ingredient in this recipe. You can halve them or quarter them for a crispy texture on the outside, but a tender texture in the center!
Bacon – Delicious bacon brings this savory recipe to life! Easily make this recipe vegan by using vegan bacon (it’s actually pretty good!) or omit the bacon altogether.
Avocado Oil – Avocado oil, olive oil, butter, vegan butter, or any type of savory oil works great in this recipe.
Seasoning – A simple mix of garlic powder, salt, and pepper take this side dish to the next level!
Grated Parmesan – The final touch on this recipe is a sprinkle (or more) of grated parmesan. However, feel free to add any type of grated cheese or omit it completely!
How to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
1. Trim and halve (or quarter) the Brussels sprouts.
2. Toss in a large bowl with oil, seasoning, and chopped bacon.
3. Add to preheated air fryer basket and cook 10-12 minutes.
4. Transfer Brussels sprouts and bacon, then repeat for each batch.
5. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Note: The total cook time depends on the size of the air fryer and how many single-layer batches you have to make!
How Long to Cook Brussels Sprouts in Air Fryer?
It takes about 10-12 minutes to cook Brussels sprouts in the air fryer.
How to Keep Them From Burning?
It’s important to flip the Brussels sprouts and bacon halfway through cooking to keep them from burning. For even better results, you may flip them 2-3 times instead!
Frozen Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
Another option is to use frozen Brussels sprouts! To cook frozen Brussels sprouts in the air fryer, simply place them in the basket from frozen. Cook for 20-25 minutes total, flipping 2-3 times in the process. The Brussels sprouts will be whole, but they should be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside!
Can I Make This Recipe Without Bacon?
Absolutely! Simply omit the bacon in the recipe and cook according to the directions below.
What Air Fryer Do You Use?
My air fryer is the Instant Pot Pro Crisp. I’ve never tried any of the others (yet), but I have to say that I DO love it! It’s a pressure cooker and an air fryer in one, which is really nice. And it cooks these Brussels sprouts to crispy perfection in no time at all!
Flavor Variations & Topping Ideas
What else can you add to Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts? Here are some delicious ideas!
- Balsamic Vinegar – Toss about 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar with the Brussels sprouts before adding to the air fryer.
- Goat Cheese & Cranberries – This is a great topping idea to add after the sprouts come are done being cooked!
- Honey – A drizzle of honey (or maple syrup) tossed with the sprouts before being cooked helps to caramelize them to perfection.
- Pepitas – If you’re sticking with the savory flavor route, then topping these sprouts and bacon with roasted pepitas can really bring this recipe to life!
- All Of The Above – Combine any of these ideas with this recipe to really play around with flavors and make it your own!
How to Store Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Once fully cooled, it’s best to store these crispy Brussels sprouts in an airtight container. They can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or frozen for up to 3 months!
More Delicious Side Dishes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Goat Cheese
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Baked Sweet Potatoes w/ Chickpeas & Broccoli Pesto
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad w/ Cranberries
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- 12 ounces bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil (or melted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (optional)
- Trim and cut the Brussels sprouts into halves or quarters, making sure that the pieces are even in size.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl until evenly coated.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces mix into the bowl.
- Place half of the Brussels sprouts and bacon in the air fryer basket, creating a flat layer.
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes total, flipping halfway (or more often) to keep from burning.
- Once the bacon is lightly browned and crispy, remove from the air fryer and set aside.
- Add in the batch of Brussels sprouts and bacon and repeat, cooking for 10-12 minutes and flipping halfway.
- Remove from the air fryer and top the entire recipe with parmesan (optional).