I absolutely love the lighthearted feel of summer. And since we’re nearing 100 degrees every day here in Texas, nothing sounds better than a sunny day at the pool followed by a delicious barbecue party with friends and family!
The only problem is that I tend to crave burgers and ice cream after a full day of swimming in the sun…..anyone else with me? I guess it’s not really a problem when we’re dealing with these Red Pepper & Kale Beef Burgers or Healthy Ice Cream, but sometimes it’s fun to switch it up with something like kabobs!
Cody and I don’t have a grill, even though we’ve been meaning to buy one for like a million years. Every time we go to the store we’re like “hey, look at that grill….we should get that…meh…maybe next time”. It’s just ONE OF THOSE purchases that never happens! Thankfully, our dear friends from church have an excellent one and allow us to occasionally crash their house with our crazy healthy food ingredients and loads of photography equipment when we need to make one of these cookout recipes. 😉 What they don’t know is that it’s secretly an excuse to hang out with them (and their adorable cat, which I may or may not be obsessed with)(crazy cat lady alert)!
I think we can all agree that these Greek Chicken Kabobs w/ Tzatziki Sauce were so worth the disaster we brought over to their house. These Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Peppers took the kabobs to another level by adding a hearty, wholesome, savory, and flavorful “kick” to the kabobs. Balanced by the fresh zucchini and squash, savory chicken, and dipped in the cool Tzatziki sauce…..heavenly, y’all! I also recommend serving these over a bed of multi-grain rice. SO good!
If you’re in the “I still don’t have a grill” club with us, no worries. We’re teaming up with Mezzetta for a fun, summer grilling giveaway! Head over to the Mezzetta homepage to enter for a chance to win a Weber® Spirit® E-310™ gas grill ($499.00 value), plus a Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set, 5 jars of Mozzetta Peppers, and a Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)!
Runner ups will win 1 of 10 Weber® ORIGINAL KETTLE® 18” charcoal grills ($79.00 value), a Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set, 5 jars of Mozzetta Peppers, and a Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)! This giveaway ends July 15th, so be sure to enter ASAP!
Let’s get to grilling, friends!
Greek Chicken Kabobs w/ Tzatziki Sauce
Greek Chicken Kabobs:
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 jar Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Peppers
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small summer squash
- 1/2 red onion
- 12-15 kabob skewers
- 1 mini cucumber (or half of a regular sized one)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 lemon (small)
- 1 tsp dill weed (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- While cutting chicken and vegetables for the kabobs into cubes (about 1 inch), soak skewers in water for about 20 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the cucumber, yogurt, and lemon juice. Lightly pulse 2 - 3 times. Add dill and salt/pepper to taste. Mix together, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat the grill to 300 - 400 degrees (medium/high heat). Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, then create the kabobs and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes, rotating occasionally.
- Serve the kabobs with the Tzatziki sauce and a bed of multi-grain rice (optional). Enjoy!
Leave a Reply