And by all things I mean, like, literally the only things I had in my kitchen at the time. Ok, so I had a few more items, but really the only things left to make an actual meal. I had leftover ground turkey from the Chili Lime Ground Turkey Taco Salad recipe and (here’s the really fun ingredient) leftover Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip. What’s a girl left to do?
Why, put it all together, of course! So I took a risk and threw these random ingredients together, then topped it all off with some avocado (because avocado makes the world go round) and spinach. The result: OMG SOOOOOO GOOOD! <—— Literally. I said that. So did Cody.
We devoured these Ground Turkey Pita Pockets and were ready for seconds! Creamy, crunchy, cool, spicy, fresh. Every single person reading this right now NEEEEEEEDS to experience one of these!
For this recipe, I used this type of pita bread! I love keeping this stuff in my pantry for lunchtime emergencies. Or maybe I love it because PITA BREAD! It’s just the best, ya’ll.
ALSO: We’re giving away $500 worth of HelloFresh meals to a lucky winner! HelloFresh is a meal subscription plan where you can get up to 3 meals a week delivered to your door. Scroll down for more info!
Here’s the recipe for these delicious Ground Turkey Pita Pockets:
Ground Turkey Pita Pockets
- 4 Tbsp Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/4 lb cooked ground turkey from Chili Lime Ground Turkey Taco Salad
- 1 pita bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- Use leftover spinach artichoke dip, or create the recipe for Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- Cook the ground turkey according to directions.
- Slice the pita bread in half to create 2 pockets.
- Cube the avocado and split evenly into the pockets.
- Add the fresh spinach and spinach artichoke dip.
- Lastly, fill the pockets with the ground turkey.
- Serve and enjoy!