Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad Recipe
There’s just something about the combination of sweet mango, spicy chili, and zesty lime that is just phenomenal. And for me, it’s a bit of childhood nostalgia, since I grew up eating chili lime candy. It’s truly one of the best flavor combos!
This easy salad is made with chopped spinach, tomatoes, beans, corn, and a flavorful chili quinoa, then topped off with creamy avocado and sweet/savory chili mango. Drizzle this Avocado Lime Dressing or a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and this salad is so life-giving! Whether you’re looking for an easy lunch idea, a quick and refreshing summer dinner recipe, a side dish, or a salad that will impress your guests at your next get-together, this Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad is anything but ordinary!
You’ll Also Love: Central American Salad In A Jar
What You’ll Need
Get started with these simple and easy-to-find ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
- Quinoa – This recipe calls for dry quinoa, but you can save time by using pre-cooked or microwave quinoa.
- Ancho Chili Powder
- Salt (to taste) – You can also add pepper to taste if you’re feeling it!
- Chopped Spinach
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- Mango – The secret to this salad is to use a ripe or very ripe mango!
- Black Beans – Cooked or canned, drained.
- Corn – frozen and lightly sauteed or canned, drained.
- Cayenne (to taste)
- Avocado Lime Dressing (or a squeeze of lime juice)
Other Zesty Quinoa Salad Ingredient Ideas
- Bell Peppers
- Cubed Cucumbers
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Shredded Coconut
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Fresh Cilantro
How To Make This Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad
Make this easy summer salad in 20 minutes or less! Here’s how to make a next-level Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad:
- Cook the quinoa with chili powder and salt.
- Layer the salad with chopped spinach, tomatoes, beans, and corn.
- Add avocado and mango slices.
- Top the mango slices with chili powder, cayenne, and salt.
- Drizzle each salad with dressing or a squeeze of lime juice and enjoy!
TIP: Use this salad chopper bowl to save time!
Tips for Making The Best Mango Summer Salad
Adjust The Spicy Level To Taste
There are two ways to adjust the level of spicy in this salad recipe: adjust the amount of cayenne, or use chipotle chili powder instead of ancho chili powder. Either way, feel free to make the kick work for your tastebuds!
Tips For Choosing A Ripe Mango
The best way to choose a ripe mango is to lightly squeeze it. If it’s just a bit soft, then it’s ripe and ready to eat. If it’s firm, then it isn’t quite ready!
Slicing The Mango
The best way to slice a mango is to cut it into 4 sections, starting at the top/center of the mango, right next to the seed, and guiding your knife down the side of the seed. Once you have 4 sections, cut each mango into cubes or slices, making sure not to pierce through the skin. Use your thumb or finger to separate the skin from the flesh of the mango.
How To Cook Quinoa To Perfection
It’s all about the water-to-quinoa ratio and how you cook it. Perfectly fluffy quinoa can be achieved single every time with these simple steps for cooking quinoa!
Meal Prep This Mango Quinoa Salad
To meal prep this salad, prepare the quinoa and chop the veggies (except for the avocado). Layer the salad, keeping the quinoa and avocado separate. Add the seasoning according to the instructions below and squeeze lime juice over the entire salad. When ready to enjoy, add in the cooked quinoa and sliced avocado!
Another time-saving method? Use this easy 3-in-1 mango slicer, peeler, and pitter, instead!
More Summer Salad Recipes
- Crispy Chili Lime Chickpea Salad
- Spicy Southwest Salad Recipe (Chick-Fil-A Copycat)
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Arugula Lentil Salad
- Spicy Radish Summer Quinoa Salad
- Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and follow along on Instagram for more recipes and behind-the-scenes!
Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad
- Cook the quinoa according to directions.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of the chili powder and salt to taste.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the spinach and slice the tomatoes, mango, and avocado.
- Layer the spinach, tomatoes, beans, corn, cooked quinoa, sliced mango, and sliced avocado in each bowl.
- Sprinkle the remaining chili powder, cayenne, and salt over the mango slices.
- Drizzle each salad with avocado lime dressing or a squeeze of lime juice.
- Prepare the quinoa and chop the veggies (except for the avocado).
- Layer the salad, keeping the quinoa and avocado separate.
- Add the seasoning according to the instructions below and squeeze lime juice over the entire salad.
- When ready to enjoy, add in the cooked quinoa and sliced avocado!