That’s right, friend. CHILI MANGO. Is there anything better???
Nope, those little yellow matchsticks in the photo below are not french fries (although that would be interesting…hmm…). They’re sweet and spicy chili mango goodness topping off this delicious zesty quinoa salad!
That might not speak volumes to you, but chili mango brings all the childhood memories for me. Being half latin, chili mango candy was a big part of my life! Maybe that was just a thing for everyone in the 90’s….not sure. Either way, it’s safe to say I’m pretty excited about this chili mango thing!
Oh yes, and the zesty quinoa salad thing, too 😉 Of course!
Make this Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad in 30 minutes or less!
I mean, how else are summer salads done? Quick, easy, and perfect for lunch at the pool!
This Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad is bringing you all the flavor, nutrition, and refreshing feels. It’s one of my new faves! It can also be turned into a jar salad to take on the go (see the Central American Salad In A Jar recipe for ideas on how to layer jar salads). All you need are a few mason jars, a picnic cooler, and you’re good to go!
Want to meal prep this recipe for easy lunches at work this week? It’ll last in the fridge for about 3 days!
Here’s how to make this Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad:
Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned
- 1/4 cup corn, canned
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1 mango
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 avocado
- Cook the quinoa according to directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the spinach, slice the tomatoes, cut the mango and avocado.
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl except for the mango, chili powder, cayenne, and avocado.
- Top each salad with slices of avocado and mango, sprinkled with chili powder and cayenne.
- Serve and enjoy!