Crispy Chili Lime Chickpea Salad Recipe
I could seriously eat this Crispy Chili Lime Chickpea Salad every single day. It’s so tasty and easy to make! There are just 3 simple steps to make this easy salad: roasting the chili chickpeas, putting the spinach salad together, and whisking the tahini lime dressing. Then just throw it all in a bowl and enjoy!
I love making this quick recipe for an everyday vegetarian meal. With life being so crazy lately getting ready for the baby, I’ve been craving quick, easy, and refreshing salads. This one really hits the spot! This flavorful crispy chickpea salad is the best salad recipe to add to your weekly menu and keep on repeat!
RELATED: Central American Salad In A Jar
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
Crispy Chili Chickpeas
Canned Chickpeas – I love these organic chickpeas for everyday meals. Make sure to drain them and pat them dry before adding oil and seasoning!
Avocado Oil – Use avocado oil, or any type of cooking oil.
Chili Powder/Cumin/Salt – The chili powder, cumin, and salt add so much flavor and bring this recipe to life!
Chopped Spinach – Chopped spinach, kale, or any type of lettuce are all great options.
Tomatoes/Corn/Cucumbers – Sliced grape tomatoes, roasted frozen corn (Trader Joe’s has a great one, or just used canned corn), and diced cucumbers are the main vegetables in this crunchy salad.
Walnuts/Sunflower Seeds – The chopped walnuts and sunflower seeds add another layer of crunchy textures, along with healthy fats and protein!
Monterey Jack Cheese (Optional) – The cheese in this recipe is totally optional. I like the creamy texture and buttery flavor that it adds, but any type of cheese works great in this recipe. Easily make this salad vegan by omitting it!
Tahini Lime Dressing
Tahini – Creamy tahini is the base of the salad dressing.
Lime Juice – Add fresh lime juice to taste! I used the juice of 1 lime, but you can add more or less depending on the desired thickness of the dressing. Feel free to add a little bit of lime zest, too, if you want to really emphasize that lime flavor!
Honey – I used 2 teaspoons of honey to balance out the tangy flavors of the tahini and lime juice. However, you can add a little more if like! Agave syrup is another great option.
Salt – A dash of salt brings this salad dressing together.
More Chickpea Recipes
- Vegan Chipotle Chickpea Tacos
- Hot Honey Chickpea Bowls
- The BEST Coconut Lentil & Chickpea Curry
- Baked Sweet Potatoes w/ Chickpeas & Broccoli Pesto
How to Make This Crispy Chili Lime Chickpea Salad
Here’s how to easily make this Crispy Chili Lime Chickpea Salad:
- Toss the chickpeas in avocado oil and chili seasoning.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast at 425 degrees F for about 20 minutes (or until crispy).
- Layer the spinach, tomatoes, corn, cucumbers, walnuts, sunflower seeds, avocado, and cheese (optional) to create the salads.
- Whisk the tahini, lime juice, honey, and salt together to create the dressing.
- Top each salad with crispy chickpeas and drizzle with tahini dressing!
Meal Prep This Recipe
Prep this recipe the night before by roasting the chickpeas and storing them in their own container. Put the salad together, keeping the avocado and optional cheese separate. Create the dressing and store it in a salad dressing shaker or dressing container for the next day!
More Healthy Salads You’ll Love
- Central American Salad In A Jar
- Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad
- Spicy Radish Summer Quinoa Salad
- Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Arugula Lentil Salad
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Crispy Chili Lime Chickpea Salad
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 2-3 ounces Monterey jack cheese (optional)
Tahini Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain and pat the chickpeas dry, then toss in the avocado oil.
- Mix with chili powder, cumin, and sea salt.
- Place the chickpeas flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, or until crispy, turning halfway through.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, layer the spinach, sliced tomatoes, corn, cucumbers, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and avocado slices in each salad bowl (or one large bowl).
- Whisk the tahini, lime juice, honey, and salt together until smooth.
- Add the crispy roasted chickpeas to the salad bowls and drizzle with tahini dressing.
- Easily make this recipe vegan by omitting the optional cheese and subbing the honey for agave syrup.