These Red Pepper & Kale Beef Burgers are NOT EVEN playing. They have epic written all over them! It’s like having your favorite ball-park menu item at home and fresh off of the grill with a foodie twist!
Now I KNOW some of you wonderful people are big baseball fans! I remember the first time Cody took me to a baseball game. It’s actually a pretty sad/hilarious story. He only took me because he knew I would love the fireworks at the end (OOOH pretty colors!). Long story short, he had unintentionally hyped up this “surprise date” to the point where I thought we were going to ride horses in a magical kingdom filled with unicorns and fairies. Granted, that’s not really his fault because I admittedly have a crazy imagination and basically live in a castle in my mind. But when we arrived at a baseball game, I was….let’s just say… a little shocked. But we ended up having fun in the end, and I remember telling him that all I wanted was some ballpark food! Some days, you just want a little bit of a splurge!
When it comes to ballpark food, these Red Pepper & Kale Beef Burgers hit the spot! With a wholesome addition, why of course. I don’t even have words to describe the delicious, rich, real wood flavor that Kingsford® Charcoal gives these burgers. SO good!
A few notes about these UHmazing Red Pepper & Kale Beef Burgers: Feel free to adjust this recipe as needed! When I made these I ate one on a whole wheat bun, but the next day I ate it wrapped in kale instead. 🙂 There are lots of options, here! The nutrition facts for this recipe depend on what products you buy at the store, but they DO include the whole wheat bun (and really everything you see in the ingredients list).
Let’s get grilling, friends!
Red Pepper & Kale Beef Burgers w/ Grilled Onions & Goat Cheese
- 2 lbs 95% lean grass-fed ground beef
- 7 - 9 kale leaves
- 10 mini red peppers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 8 Tbsp goat cheese
- 8 whole wheat buns
- desired seasoning
- Thaw the beef in the refrigerator the night before.
- In a food processor, finely crush about 3-4 kale leaves and the mini red peppers (after removing the seeds and tops). Add desired seasoning.
- In a large bowl, mix the crushed kale and red peppers with the ground beef. Form into patties.
- Slice the red onion into thin rings. Place the sliced onions in foil paper with about 2 Tbsp olive oil and salt/pepper.
- Heat up the Kingsford® Charcoal according to directions, then cook the burgers until they are done in the middle. At the same time, place the onions wrapped in foil on the grill for about 25 minutes or until they are soft.
- Place burger patty on a whole wheat bun and top with 1 Tbsp goat cheese, grilled onion rings, and desired amount of fresh kale leaves. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more beef-based recipes? Try out this Beef Curry Rice Burger Bowl!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford. The opinions and text are all mine.
Leave a Reply