There are some things in life that just NEED to happen again. And that, my friends, is this Rosemary and Mushroom Rice Pilaf.
The reality is that there is no way I can describe this dish to you. As if my description would even do justice! However, I’ll do my best 😉 This rice is super light and fluffy with a perfectly balanced hint of rosemary, sweet bell peppers, and THE MOST epically savory mushrooms. If you’re not a mushroom fan, it’s quite possible that you will be after this recipe!
I initially created this recipe (and served it with a baked salmon filet) for my dad when he was in town last week. He loved it! And I mean, that says a lot simply for the fact that he does not typically enjoy healthy food!
Now, let’s talk about this rice. I used a long grain Basmati rice that was fluffy and non-sticky. This Royal Basmati Rice is straight from the foothills of the Himalayas and has a great aroma and delicate flavor! Topped with rosemary, bell peppers, mushrooms….YES. It truly is the best!
Side note about the mushrooms: If you don’t have madeira or a dry wine on hand, you could always cook the mushrooms in a an equal amount of broth. However, I love cooking with madeira! It gives food just the right amount of flavor!
Rosemary and Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 bell peppers sliced or chopped
- 1 1/2 cup dry rice
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1/4 cup madeira or any dry wine
- In a pot, heat the coconut oil over medium high heat until it is fully melted.
- Add the onion and bell peppers. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add in the dry rice and cook for about 30 seconds. Pour the broth over the rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, then cover and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, combine the mushrooms and madeira. Cook until the mixture has reduced.
- Add salt/pepper to taste, then plate and serve!
Needing something sweet after dinner? Try out these Pecan Pie Bars!
A big thanks to Royal International Authentics for making this post possible! Thank you for supporting the amazing brands that help us create better and more delicious recipes and posts!