Today’s recipe is a little different than our usual recipes here. We’re making a Flax Egg! What?? Ok, so, if you’ve never heard of this before, it’s 100% ok for you to react like: 😱
Did you know you can make a vegan egg substitute simply by mixing finely ground flaxseed and water? It’s seriously the easiest thing ever. I’m obsessed!
Watch this video on how to make an Easy Flax Egg Recipe (Vegan Egg Substitute)!
While you could always purchase a vegan egg substitute at the store or this vegan egg substitute mix off of Amazon, I love that this Easy Flax Egg Recipe uses flaxseed. It’s loaded with fiber, protein, omega-3’s, and so many good things!
Although Flax Egg recipes are nothing new to the food world, I just had to post one on here for all of my vegan friends (and non-vegan, for that matter). It’s too amazing to not talk about!
What is the egg to flax egg ratio?
1 Tbsp of finely ground flaxseed mixed with 3 Tbsp of water should be the equivalent of 1 egg! Simply mix it together for about 3-4 minutes and then refrigerate for 15 minutes (or until gelatinous).
What recipes can I use a flax egg in?
Loving this Flax Egg Recipe in:
- The BEST Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Blueberry Bread
- Gluten-Free Healthy Rhubarb Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Cake Mini Doughnuts
And really any recipe that goes in the oven and uses an egg to hold it together!
Easy Flax Egg Recipe (Vegan Egg Substitute)
- 1 Tbsp finely ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp water
- Mix the flaxseed and water together for about 3-4 minutes.
- Set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes (or until gelatinous).
- Replace the egg in any baking recipe with the flax egg!
Leave a Reply