If I had to choose ONLY one food to eat for the rest of my life, there’s a good chance it would be pizza. It’s truly my favorite! And while I do love a good classic pizza, I love that it can also be made healthy, vegan, and that it’s a great way to sneak in some veggies.
This Vegan Red Pepper Hummus Pizza is loaded with flavor and tastes like a splurge! It’s one of our go-to’s for a wholesome pizza recipe and even my toddler is as obsessed as I am. Easy to make, 30 minutes, and still delicious as leftovers. This hummus pizza is the ultimate weeknight dinner win!
Table of Contents
Here’s what you’ll need for this Vegan Red Pepper Hummus Pizza recipe:
Vegan Pizza Dough – I may a little biased, but this is my favorite vegan pizza dough recipe. It’s INCREDIBLY easy to make! However, you can always use a pre-made pizza dough mix or frozen pizza crust to save time.
Hummus – The “sauce” base for this pizza recipe is actually just hummus! Original is great, but any type or flavor of hummus is delicious.
Vegan Shredded Mozzarella – Totally optional, but can take things to another level and help give that “cheesy” taste. I love this vegan shredded mozzarella for pizza recipes!
Mushrooms/Bell Peppers/Zucchini – The vegetable toppings for this pizza are sliced mushrooms, red bell peppers, and zucchini.
Seasoning – A simple mix of garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt make for the perfect flavor. Feel free to get creative with your own seasoning additions or use freshly minced garlic instead!
How to Make Hummus Pizza
It doesn’t get much easier than making this vegan pizza recipe! Here’s how to make hummus pizza:
- Make the vegan pizza dough and bake for about 8 minutes.
- Add hummus, veggies, olive oil, and seasoning.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Tips for Making Vegan Pizza Dough
This Vegan Pizza Dough Recipe makes things REALLY simple. There’s no yeast involved, and it can be put together in just a few minutes. It can also be made in advance and frozen. It’s one of my personal favorites!
However, I’m also a fan of keeping a pre-made frozen pizza crust on hand for busy weeknights. It makes things so much easier when you don’t have time to make your own! It’s also vegan, gluten-free, and made with chickpeas, so it has a higher protein content as well.
Other Vegan Pizza Topping Ideas
Want to take things up a notch? Try these wholesomely delicious vegan pizza topping ideas!
- Chopped Walnuts
- Hemp Seeds
- Sliced Red Onions
- Cashew Sauce (Here’s a great recipe!)
- Fresh Sprouts
How to Store Hummus Pizza
To store this Vegan Hummus Pizza: let cool completely and place in an airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months!
More Pizza Night Ideas
- 10-Minute Margherita Pita Bread Pizzas
- Spinach & Mushroom Naan Pizza
- Vegan Pizza Dough (No Yeast)
- Roasted Radish, Arugula, & Havarti Pita Bread Pizzas
More Healthy Vegan Dinner Ideas
- Easy Vegan Potato Curry
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Enchiladas
- Vegan Loaded Mashed Potato Bowls
- Harissa Veggie Bowl
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Vegan Red Pepper Hummus Pizza
- 1 batch Vegan Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella (optional)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 medium zucchini (thinly sliced or cubed)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the pizza dough and bake for about 8 minutes.
- Spread the hummus over the pizza crust.
- Top with vegan mozzarella (optional), sliced mushrooms, red pepper slices, and zucchini.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly over the entire pizza.
- Mix the garlic powder, oregano, and salt together, then sprinkle evenly over the pizza.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and enjoying!