I can genuinely say that of all the foods that exist, pizza is hands down my all-time favorite. I mean, it’s a toss up between burgers and pizza, but pizza really has my heart. And while I do love ordering delivery or throwing a good frozen pizza in the oven (who doesn’t??), there’s something about a homemade pizza dough made with hearty, wholesome ingredients and vegan toppings that takes things to another level!
The thing that I love most about this No Yeast Vegan Pizza Dough is how versatile, delicious, and easy it is. From the type of flour to the garlicky crust and the unique toppings, this dough recipe will set you up to make your homemade vegan pizza dreams come true!
Table of Contents
Is Pizza Dough Vegan?
Yes, typically pizza dough is vegan, dairy-free, and egg-free. You can always purchase pizza dough or a frozen vegan pizza crust at the grocery store if you’re short on time. And if you don’t have time to go to the store, you most likely already have the ingredients in your pantry to make your own homemade pizza dough in no time at all!
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and wholesome! Here’s what you’ll need:
Flour – A mix of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour! However, feel free to use all-purpose only or sub a 1-to-1 gluten free flour instead.
Olive Oil – Olive oil works best for this recipe since it adds so much flavor. However, avocado oil is a great option, too!
Apple Cider Vinegar – Adds acidity and flavor to this pizza dough recipe.
Unsweetened Almond Milk or Water – After many tests, both almond milk and water work great. If using almond milk, be sure that it’s unsweetened and unflavored!
Baking Powder – This helps thicken the dough when yeast isn’t an option.
Garlic/Oregano/Salt – All the flavor! A combination or garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt make this pizza crust so delicious.
How to Make Vegan Pizza Dough Without Yeast
Making your own homemade vegan pizza dough without yeast is SO easy! Here’s how to do it:
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Lightly knead and roll into a ball.
- Flatten on to a pizza pan or pizza stone.
- Bake for a few minutes.
- Add toppings and continue baking!
Pizza Crust That’s Next Level
Here’s a great tip: Add a “glaze” to the edge of the pizza crust to take this vegan pizza dough to another level! Simply mix olive oil + minced garlic + dried basil or oregano and brush it around the edge of the crust. It’s so yummy!
Vegan Pizza Topping Ideas
- Vegan Pizza Sauce
- Vegan Shredded Mozzarella
- Bell Peppers
- Cashew Sauce
- Summer Squash
- Red Onion
Can you Prep Pizza Dough Ahead of Time?
One of the best things about making your own homemade pizza dough is the ability to make it ahead of time! To make in advance, mix the ingredients, knead, and roll into a ball. Place the pizza dough in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Freezing Pizza Dough
You can also freeze pizza dough! To freeze, simply place the pizza dough in a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to use it, thaw out the pizza dough in the refrigerator the night before.
More Healthy Pizza Recipes
- 10-Minute Margherita Pita Bread Pizzas
- Spinach & Mushroom Naan Pizza
- Spinach Pesto & Goat Cheese Individual Pizzas
- Roasted Radish, Arugula, & Havarti Pita Bread Pizzas
More Vegan Dinner Ideas
- Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Bowls
- Easy Vegan Potato Curry
- The BEST Easy Vegan Meatballs
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Enchiladas
Did you make this No Yeast Vegan Pizza Dough recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Vegan Pizza Dough (No Yeast)
Vegan Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Crust Topping (optional)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the flours, baking powder, salt, oregano, and garlic powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the almond milk (or water), apple cider vinegar, and olive oil together.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead 10-12 times (dough should be soft, but not overly sticky).
- Roll the dough into a ball, place in the mixing bowl, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Flatten the pizza dough on to a pizza pan, creating a raised "crust" around the edges.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the center of the pizza where the toppings will go.
- Brush the mixed crust topping over the outer edge of the dough (optional).
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Add pizza toppings.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes, cut into slices, and enjoy!