Y’all, this Easy Spicy Vegan Potato Curry is the BEST for dinner right now! It’s so easy to make, hearty, cozy, warm, spicy, delicious, and so perfect for a quick fall dinner!
First things first….let’s talk about how challenging it is to run a food blog and cook when you’re DIY-ing your kitchen renovation. Now, I’m not complaining here. Just throwing it out there that maybe I should have thought this project through a little bit beforehand? Maybe. But is there ever really a good time to renovate your kitchen?
TBH, our meals have mostly consisted of eating out lately. We’ve also had a lot of friends and family staying with us lately (clearly, I have no shame letting people see our disastrous house while it’s being worked on), so meals have had to stay pretty simple and easy lately.
This Easy Spicy Vegan Potato Curry has been so perfect for an easy, healthy dinner that feeds the entire family!
I think that this recipe could also be called “Whatever Is In The Fridge Vegan Potato Curry”. Because that’s basically what happened here! Chickpeas? Peppers on the verge of going bad? Spinach on its last leg (always)? Throw it in the curry!
A few tips to make life easier when it comes to this Easy Spicy Vegan Potato Curry:
- This microwavable basmati rice is seriously amazing. Love it for curry recipes!
- Pretty obsessed with this coconut milk.
- These canned chickpeas are always great to have on hand!
- Last but not least (definitely not least), my fave curry paste for delicious recipes like this one!
Here’s how to make this Easy Spicy Vegan Potato Curry recipe:
Easy Spicy Vegan Potato Curry
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed (2-3" diameter)
- 1 cup pepper slices
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 Tbsp curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- 1 cup chickpeas
- Cut the red potatoes into small cubes.
- Cook the potatoes, pepper slices, and garlic in the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- While the vegetables are cooking, microwave or cook the rice.
- Add the curry paste to the vegetables and continue cooking.
- Add the coconut milk, water, spinach, and chickpeas.
- Lastly, add the rice and continue to cook until everything is hot.
- Serve and enjoy!