This Hot Honey Pizza Is NEXT LEVEL!
As in better-than-restaurant level pizza. This Hot Honey Pizza recipe is vegetarian, wholesome, and a total crowd pleaser! Adjust the ingredients to your own personal taste for a recipe that the entire family will love. Whether it’s a weekend pizza night, a fun gathering, or just an everyday weeknight dinner, you’ll definitely want to keep this vegetarian pizza recipe on hand!
You’ll Also Love: 30+ Healthy Pasta Recipes (Easy & Comforting!)
In This Post
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find. Here’s what you’ll need to make Hot Honey Pizza!
The Pizza Crust
Now for the best part – the toppings! Olive oil and minced garlic for the base, then layers of roasted mushrooms, roasted butternut squash, red onions, arugula, feta, parmesan cheese, and salt/pepper to taste. It’s SO delicious!
Best Hot Honey for Pizza
A drizzle of hot honey over the entire pizza really brings it to life! My favorite hot honey is Mike’s Hot Honey, but any type works great. Adjust the amount to adjust the level of sweet and spicy! You can always add more when serving.
How to Make Hot Honey Pizza
Here’s an overview for how to easily make Hot Honey Pizza in 4 simple steps:
- Make and prepare the pizza dough.
- Add toppings.
- Drizzle with hot honey.
- Bake and enjoy!
Use these time-saving tips for a quick and easy pizza recipe!
- Batch-roast the butternut squash earlier in the week.
- Purchase sliced mushrooms (instead of slicing them yourself).
- Use pre-cut squash to really save time.
- Purchase a pre-made pizza crust.
Other Topping Ideas
Mix it up with these other delicious toppings!
- Goat Cheese (instead of feta)
- Marinara Sauce (if making a pepperoni pizza)
- Sliced Peaches (instead of butternut squash)
- Roasted Pumpkin
- Sliced Tomatoes
Refrigerating/Freezing Homemade Pizza
While this Vegetarian Hot Honey Pizza is best served freshly baked out of the oven, it can also still be delicious as leftovers. Place the cooled off pizza slices in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months! To reheat, simply place the thawed pizza in the microwave for a couple of minutes or in the oven until warm.
More Hot Honey Recipes
Deliciously Wholesome Pizza Recipes
- Vegan Red Pepper Hummus Pizza
- Spinach Pesto Goat Cheese Individual Pizzas
- 10-Minute Margherita Pita Bread Pizzas
- Easy Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
- Spinach & Mushroom Naan Pizza
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Vegetarian Hot Honey Pizza
- 1 cup butternut squash (diced into small cubes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 batch pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup red onion (sliced)
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 Tablespoons hot honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Dice the butternut squash and place on a baking sheet or roasting pan with 1/4 cup of water (for a more tender texture).
- Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the squash for 15 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the same pan and roast for another 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare and press down the pizza dough into a pan.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over the pizza dough.
- Top with the garlic, arugula, grated parmesan, and sliced red onions.
- Add the roasted squash, mushrooms, salt/pepper (to taste), and crumbled feta.
- Drizzle with hot honey.
- Bake the pizza for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!