When it comes to healthy muffin recipes, it’s easy to think in terms of what we want to remove from our recipe. But what about all of the nutrition and flavor that we can actually add to the recipe? Today, we’re making a variation of our Gluten Free Blueberry Bread recipe with these fluffy, moist Blueberry Quinoa Muffins that are loaded with good things!
This Blueberry Quinoa Muffins recipe is delicious and foolproof. It doesn’t get any better than that!
What you need
Here are some of the main ingredients that take these quinoa muffins to the next level:
- Quinoa Flakes – Quinoa flakes are essentially quinoa seeds that have been rolled flat. They’re perfect for baking recipes, like muffins!
- Oat Flour – We love using oat flour in muffin recipes because it gives them a light, fluffy texture. Bonus: it’s also gluten free! You can purchase it from any grocery store or make your own by finely blending rolled oats.
- Greek Yogurt – The greek yogurt in this recipe adds so much moisture to the muffins! Whole milk yogurt would also work great.
- Almond Milk – We used almond milk for added moisture. However, regular milk would also work as a substitution!
- Blueberries – Frozen or fresh blueberries work great.
TIP: If using frozen blueberries, wash them first to get the extra ice off of them. Then, let them dry for a few minutes. This keeps from dying your entire batter blue and from adding too much moisture to the muffins!
How to make perfect quinoa muffins every time
1. Mix the dry ingredients together.
2. Combine the liquid ingredients separately, making sure that you don’t over mix.
3. Mix the dry and liquid ingredients together.
4. For the last step, lightly mix in the blueberries.
TIP: Sprinkle a little bit of extra brown sugar and cinnamon on each muffin right before placing in the oven to take this recipe to the next level!
The secret to making perfectly moist quinoa muffins
What’s the secret to making perfectly moist quinoa muffins? Don’t over mix the batter!
How to store muffins
Muffins can last a few days at room temperature, up to a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and can also be frozen. To store, simply allow the muffins to completely cool down before placing in the container.
We’re loving how these Blueberry Quinoa Muffins are so perfect for a quick breakfast on-the-go, a healthy snack, or a delicious treat!
More muffin recipes:
- Favorite Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- Wholesome Peach Muffins Recipe
- The BEST Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Blueberry Quinoa Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the liquid ingredients and mix together.
- Slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Once the batter is smooth, add in the blueberries and lightly mix in.
- Pour the batter into a lined or lightly oiled muffin tin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins create a dome shape and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, serve, and enjoy!