Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal – perfect for those super busy weekday mornings when you just need something quick, but also perfect for slower weekend breakfasts with the family. I am so obsessed with this recipe! It’s delicious, perfectly sweet (but not too sweet), and full of nutrition. Pair it with a delicious Everyday Vanilla Latte and add a dollop of yogurt for the ultimate breakfast win!
And I’m to the only one obsessed with it. My husband and preschooler LOVE this baked oatmeal as a delicious breakfast treat! Whether you’re looking for a make ahead breakfast recipe or just something delicious for weekend brunch, this healthy breakfast recipe is a favorite.
Watch This Video on How to Make Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal!
You’ll love how easy it is to make this banana blueberry bars recipe! Here’s a quick 1-minute overview video for how to whip up this banana baked oatmeal in no time at all.
Note: this recipe has been updated since the creation of this video! It was good then, it’s even better now. 🙂
Here are a few notes about the main ingredients and substitution options in this recipe:
Rolled Oats – The base ingredient of this baked oatmeal recipe is rolled oats (or old-fashioned oats)!
Cinnamon – A little bit of cinnamon adds a deep, warming flavor to this breakfast recipe. You can also play around with using other spices, like nutmeg and even a tiny bit of clove.
Bananas – The bananas are mashed to sweeten and bind the oatmeal. You can also top the oatmeal with a sliced banana! It’s best to use ripe bananas, if possible.
Vanilla Extract – Adds so much flavor!
Maple Syrup – I love how the maple syrup naturally sweetness the baked oatmeal and adds so much flavor. It’s so good! Honey works too, but in my opinion, maple syrup works better.
Almond Milk – Any type of almond milk works great! You can also use other types of milk, such as regular milk, oat milk, soy, cashew, or any other type of non-dairy milk.
Blueberries – Fresh or frozen blueberries are both great options for baked oatmeal bars!
Toppings – Add any toppings to your heart’s desire! I added sliced banana, chopped walnuts, extra blueberries, and sprinkled brown sugar for a delicious touch. You can also add a drizzle of peanut butter!
How to Make Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
It’s so easy to put this recipe together! Here’s how to make Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal:
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mash the bananas.
- Whisk together with other liquid ingredients.
- Combine the dry and liquid ingredients.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×9 inch or 11×7 inch casserole dish (or baking dish).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into squares or bars, and enjoy!
Make Ahead Baked Oatmeal
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it can be made ahead for quick and easy breakfasts throughout the week! To make baked oatmeal ahead of time, simply make the recipe according to directions and let cool. Cut into servings and refrigerate in an airtight container. When ready to enjoy in the morning, simply reheat each serving in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute!
Can You Freeze Baked Oatmeal?
Yes! Baked oatmeal actually freezes and reheats wonderfully. To freeze baked oatmeal, simply let the oatmeal cool after baking. Cut into slices and place serving sizes in airtight containers (covered) in the refrigerator for one hour (or more). Move the containers to the freezer and freeze for up to 3 months!
The best way to reheat baked oatmeal is to let it thaw out in the refrigerator the night before you want to enjoy it. Then simply heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until evenly warm!
Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal – perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack!
I love this Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal because of how practical it is, how nutritious it is, but mostly….how AMAZING it is! Especially when it comes straight out of the oven…..oh. my. goodness. So good. Warm, sweet, wholesome, warming hints of maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon, the bright and fruity flavors of blueberry and banana. There’s nothing like this Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal recipe!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Flax Granola Recipe
- Vanilla Cream Protein Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Banana Protein Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- 10-Minute Healthy Banana Pancakes
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas (mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 medium banana (sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- extra blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, chia seeds, flax seeds, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Whisk until the liquid ingredients are smooth.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until well combined.
- Add in the blueberries and mix.
- Spray a 9×9 inch or 11×7 inch casserole dish (or baking pan) with oil and pour the batter into the dish.
- Add any of the optional toppings (banana, brown sugar, walnuts, and/or extra blueberries).
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then cut into bars and enjoy!
- This recipe has been updated since the creation of this video. It was good then, it’s even better now!