As a busy, work-from-home mom, getting protein throughout my day is crucial for staying focused and feeling my best. It’s also important for staying fit and healthy—keeping me fueled for quick, efficient nap-time workouts (those short nap workouts are intense, you know?)!
Getting more protein everyday (video)
Let’s be honest, it’s not always as easy as it may seem. I often tend to go for carbs and fat, but protein is often left in the dust. Especially since I only have meat a few times throughout the week! Finding foods that are high in protein is always a win in my book.
I love that New Horizon® Organic High Protein Chocolate Milk is packed with 12 grams of organic protein in an 8-ounce serving. It’s great for a post-workout recovery drink and in recipes like this one. Complete dairy protein in every glass and perfect for supporting strong muscles!
Today, I’m sharing a fun and delicious Chocolate Zucchini Muffins recipe with you guys that I’m absolutely loving these days! It’s easy to make and a great way to get a little bit of extra protein. Not to mention, soooooo yummy!
Pro-tip: Make these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Horizon Organic Chocolate Protein Milk (find it HERE)!
How to make Chocolate Zucchini Muffins:
Adding zucchini to muffins is a great way to hide vegetables! It’s also perfect for adding more nutrition without sacrificing taste. Wash the zucchini, cut off the ends, and blend to a puree. Add to the muffin batter to make zucchini muffins!
Adding protein to these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Take these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins to the next level by adding protein-loaded chocolate milk to the recipe!
Horizon Organic Chocolate Protein Milk is a great option, especially since it is organic high protein. It’s also smooth, delicious, and perfect for this recipe! Horizon Organic also offers New Horizon Organic High Protein Reduced Fat Milk and New Horizon Organic High Protein Whole Milk, which you can check out here.
More delicious muffin recipes you’ll love:
- Wholesome Peach Muffins Recipe
- Gluten-Free Healthy Rhubarb Muffins
- Favorite Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
- 2 tsp organic baking powder
- 1 small organic zucchini
- 2 Horizon® Organic eggs
- 1/4 cup Horizon® Organic butter
- 1 cup Horizon® Organic NEW High Protein Milk in Reduced Fat Chocolate
- 1/2 cup organic raw sugar
- 1/4 cup organic chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini and chop into small pieces.
- Blend the zucchini and and New Horizon® Organic High Protein Chocolate Milk until the texture is smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs, softened butter, sugar, and the zucchini and milk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together.
- Combine the liquid and dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- If desired, mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a muffin tray and bake for about 25-30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply