Whether you’re looking to jump start healthy eating or just wanting to add more nutrients to your daily routine, this Green Apple Detox Smoothie is jam packed with flavor and good things. I love starting my day with this smoothie + eggs for protein or enjoying it as a refreshing afternoon drink in the summer! It’s vegan, gluten-free, easy to make, and delicious (yes, a green detox smoothie that’s ACTUALLY delicious, friends)!
More Like This: 15 Immune Boosting Smoothies
In This Post
The Benefits of Detox Smoothies
There are SO many incredible benefits to drinking detox smoothies on a daily or even weekly basis. While they can contribute to weight loss, the main reason to drink detox smoothies (or green smoothies) is for the nutrients they provide and how they contribute to overall wellness. Here are some of the benefits of detox smoothies:
- Digestive health
- Improves hydration
- Loaded with vitamins
- Skin health
- Potential increase in energy
They are also great for kickstarting a new healthy eating plan! No matter what your goals are, adding detox smoothies into your menu and routine is always a great idea.
Ready to get started? Here’s what you’ll need!
- Green Apples – Or any type of apples!
- Frozen Pineapple
- Coconut Water
- Ginger – Freshly peeled and grated or ginger powder work great.
- Lemon Juice
- Banana – Totally optional, but adds a creamy and sweet texture that makes this green smoothie delicious.
Optional Add-In: This smoothie also tastes great with a little bit of plant-based vanilla protein powder!
How to Make a Detox Smoothie
Green detox smoothies are SO easy to make! Here’s how to blend it together:
- Blend kale, coconut water, and grated ginger (or ginger powder).
- Add in a green apple, frozen pineapple, celery, and banana (optional).
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
You’ll Also Love: How to Make a Fruit Smoothie
Tips for grating ginger
Grating fresh ginger can seem intimidating, but it’s actually easier than you may think! Simply cut off a knob of the ginger, then use a spoon to peel the outer skin. Use a grater (a microplane grater works best) to grate the ginger and that’s it! Add it to your favorite smoothies, meals, and anything you want.
Batch Making Smoothies
Did you know that you make smoothies in big batches and then freeze them for later? This is a huge time saver for busy mornings!
Simply blend everything together and pour into mason jars. Add airtight lids and store them in the freezer for up to 2-3 months! When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw the smoothie out the night before in the refrigerator or microwave for 30-60 seconds.
More Wholesome Smoothie Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie
- The Ultimate Green Avocado Smoothie
- The BEST Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- Blueberry Keto Smoothie
- Healthy Mango Banana Smoothie
- Golden Glow Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie
Did you make this Green Apple Detox Smoothie recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Green Apple Detox Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups frozen kale
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1-2 Tbsp grated ginger (or 1/2 tsp ginger powder)
- 1 medium green apple
- 2-3 stalks celery
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- Blend the kale, coconut water, and grated ginger.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Optional Add-In: This smoothie also tastes great with a little bit of plant-based vanilla protein powder!
- Did you know that you make smoothies in big batches and then freeze them for later? Blend, pour into jars, and store them in the freezer for up to 2-3 months!