Creamy, sweet, delicious, and simple. This Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or snack in less than 5 minutes! (Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free)
How to make this Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie! (Video)
While I LOVE smoothies, I tend to be pretttttty lazy when it comes to making breakfast. Well, any meal, for that matter. Not because I consider myself a lazy girl, but because I always feel like I’m super limited on time in the morning. And okkkkk, if we’re being completely honest, I don’t really like having to wash the blender all of the time. Does anyone else majorly consider how many dishes you’ll have to wash after making a recipe? It’s make it or break it for me!
What’s in this Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie?
- Frozen Strawberries
- Fresh Banana (frozen is fine, too)
- Chia Seeds
- Milk Of Choice (almond milk is great, but regular milk is awesome for added protein if you’re not avoiding dairy!)
That’s it! So easy, y’all.
Why add chia seeds to this smoothie?
They’re are so great for you! Incorporating chia seeds not only adds a fun texture to the smoothie, but it also adds protein and healthy fats. I’m loading up on these beauties in this smoothie!
My second trimester self can definitely use all of the omega-3’s and healthy fats I can get right now!
Pro Tips for making this Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie:
- Prep the ingredients in smoothie freezer bags (or sandwich bags) for the week for healthy, quick breakfast smoothies!
- Use an amazing blender. I love my Ninja blender and have heard great things about the Nutribullet as well!
- Triple this recipe, make once in the blender, then freeze the leftovers in mason jars. Simply thaw when you’re ready to drink!
Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Blend everything together and enjoy!
Looking for more simple, healthy recipes? Be sure to check out my new book, A Month Of Healthy Eats For The Busy Girl! 🙂