This one’s for you, my avo-obsessed friends. Okkkkkk, and also for my extreme 18-weeks-pregnant avocado cravings. GIMME ALL THE AVO!
At least it’s a healthy craving, right? And while we’ve got plenty of avo recipes to make the world go ’round here on JOL (Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad, Healthy Sriracha Tuna Stuffed Avocado, or Spicy Salmon Tacos w/ Avocado Lime Dressing, anyone?), it is my firm belief that there is always room for one more.
This Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich is vegetarian and can easily be made gluten-free!
There’s especially room for one more when it’s this delicious Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich! OMG y’all. OH. MY. GAH.
When will technology catch up with our feelings and let us send tasting samples over the internet??? I’ll do my best to keep this short, but guys. This Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich is nothing short of glorious.
Think creamy, cool avocado. Hearty, savory boiled eggs. Crunchy chopped walnuts. The zing of lemon juice and a hint of spicy crushed red pepper, all sandwiched between two slices of wholesome whole grain bread. I’ll take this for every meal, please and thank you!
Friends, you will love this Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich recipe and I’m SO excited for you to try it out! 😉 If you make it, be sure to tag your photos #JarOfLemons! And if you want more easy, healthy recipes like this one, be sure to check out A Month Of Healthy Eats For The Busy Girl!
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 6 eggs (hard-boiled, peeled)
- 2 ripe avocados (large)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp walnuts (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- microgreens (optional)
- 12 slices whole grain bread
- In a mixing bowl, mash the eggs with the peeled avocados.
- Add in the juice of 1/2 lemon and plain yogurt, then mix.
- Add in the walnuts, crushed red pepper, and salt/pepper.
- Once the mixture is combined evenly, add about 1/2 cup of the avocado egg salad to each sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!