I am obsessed. As you might know, I love a good salad. I have plenty that I have made and I think are pretty great, but somehow this one is really taking the salad award! I’m sure it’s the combo of the crunchy textures and the Mediterranean influence, but I can honestly say that this might be one of my favorite new meals.
If you’re looking for something different but still so filling, this Moroccan Carrot Salad is the salad to go to. The addition of chickpeas is not new, but they definitely add flavor and a bit of protein to this dish. I love making a big batch of this salad and keeping it in an airtight container for wholesome meals throughout the week!
RELATED: 20+ Easy, Healthy Salad Recipes
Table of contents
The BEST Wholesome Salad for Everyday Meals
Here’s why I’m loving this Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad and keeping it on repeat….
- Savory and fresh carrots along with chickpeas add texture.
- Cucumber and a touch of mint (optional, but SO good) add cool notes.
- Dates add the right amount of sweet!
- FETA – need I say more?
- The Moroccan spiced dressing takes it to the next level!
- Protein from the chickpeas and quinoa makes it a wonderful vegetarian meal.
What You’ll Need
You probably already have most of the ingredients you need for this recipe in your fridge or pantry! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chickpeas – Either canned or cooked from scratch will work perfectly.
- Arugula – This is a favorite because of the crisp, peppery taste. Spinach or kale work great too!
- Carrots – For a delicious crunch, add fresh chopped carrots, or buy matchstick carrots.
- Cucumber – Diced cucumber for coolness.
- Quinoa – Precooked quinoa works just fine, however making your own quinoa is also an easy option!
- Feta Cheese – Crumbled feta cheese makes this salad so creamy, but it can be omitted for a dairy-free option! Crumbled vegan cheese also works great.
- Dates – Considered nature’s candy, you can buy already pitted dates or chopped cates. These truly make this salad come to life!
- Walnuts (optional) – If you want a little more crunch, adding walnuts is an excellent source of protein and flavor, rounding this salad out completely.
- Mint (optional) – You might not want to leave this one out since it completely enhances the profile of the salad, but it’s totally up to you!
- The Dressing – These ingredients are simple and you might already have all of them in your kitchen. The tahini is optional, but adds a touch of creaminess!
How to Make this Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad (in 10 Minutes or Less)!
- Toss your salad ingredients together, leaving out the mint and feta.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing together in a mason jar or a dressing shaker like this one.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad. Then add your feta, walnuts, and mint as garnish and enjoy!
Other Salad Topping Ideas
You can have fun with this salad. Add any additional toppings to compliment such as:
- Nuts & seeds – slivered almonds or sunflower seeds would also be great.
- Dried fruit – try dried cherries or blueberries! Raisins are also a great option.
- Pita chips – crumbled up will give this salad its Mediterranean feel!
- Grape tomatoes – whole or halved works great.
- Diced red onion – to add even more flavor.
- Marinated artichoke – make sure to drain first to keep your salad crisp.
Storing Moroccan Carrot Salad to Keep it Fresh
The beauty about this healthy Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad is that you can mix everything but the cheese together (including the dressing) and store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days! As always, an airtight container keeps it lasting as long as possible.
This salad was so good that I’m adding it into my weekly meal rotations as I meal prep! I definitely think that this summer will require more of this Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad, even if it’s a side dish. If you’re looking for a salad that is anything but boring, this is it. Enjoy it all summer long!
Chickpea Recipes You’ll Love
- The BEST Coconut Lentil & Chickpea Curry
- Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Bowls
- Garlic Chickpea Spaghetti Squash
- Vegan Chickpea & Sweet Potato Bowls
More Wholesome Salad Recipes
- Healthy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- Fig & Goat Cheese Salad
- Simple Green Goodness Chickpea Salad
- Easy Quinoa Salad With Feta Cheese
- Springtime Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad
Did you make this Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 6-8 cups arugula
- 2 cups chopped carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
- 2 cups chickpeas (cooked or canned)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped dates (about 4 large dates)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- fresh mint (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 medium lemon (juiced)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp tahini (optional)
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl (with the exception of the feta and mint).
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing together in a salad dressing shaker or mason jar.
- Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad.
- Serve with crumbled feta and freshly chopped mint (optional)!
- To store this Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad, mix everything but the cheese together (including the dressing) and store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days! As always, an airtight container keeps it fresh as long as possible.
Leave a Reply