Craving something sweet and savory? This Fig & Goat Cheese Salad is the perfect balance for a healthy lunch or dinner recipe! Wholesome greens and roasted asparagus topped with sweet, fresh apples, figs, goat cheese, walnuts, and drizzled with the best creamy balsamic dressing!
Fig season is upon us, friends! If you have tons of figs from your fig tree (or just really love them, like I do), then this delicious Fig & Goat Cheese Salad is perfect for you. Make this in just a few minutes and have it all week long!
How to make this Fig & Goat Cheese Salad
- Roast the asparagus and lightly bake the apple slices (optional)
- Combine greens (such as kale and arugula)
- Top with fresh, sliced figs, walnut halves, roasted asparagus, apple slices, and crumbled goat cheese
- Drizzle with a creamy balsamic dressing
For the dressing, combine the ingredients listed below in a dressing shaker (we LOVE how easy this one is to use) and keep on hand for easy salads throughout the week. You can also try this balsamic dressing if you don’t feel like making your own!
This salad is honestly amazing just the way it is! However, if you’re looking to add a little bit of extra protein, feel free to top this salad with baked or roasted chicken. We love getting our organic, high-quality meat from Butcher Box (at an affordable price – YAY)!
More salad recipes you’ll love:
- Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
- Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad
- Cherry Plum & Goat Cheese Summer Salad
Fig & Goat Cheese Salad
Fig & Goat Cheese Salad
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 2 medium apples
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups kale
- 3 cups arugula
- 6 medium figs
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese crumbled
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the asparagus into small pieces and slice the apples.
- Toss the asparagus and apples in oil and roast for about 10-15 minutes, removing the apples at around 10 minutes.
- While the asparagus and apples are roasting, combine the kale, arugula, walnuts, sliced figs, and goat cheese in a large salad bowl.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a salad shaker and shake until well mixed.
- Add the roasted asparagus and apple slices to the salad.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad, toss, serve, and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are products that I know, trust, and love!